:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
RobertBlox

BTTF: HV Vice Handling.cfg edits

Hello everyone,

Ever wanted to have a max speed of 130 mph and an acceleration speed from 0 to 60 in 8 seconds?

Well, wait no more! B)

After a long time experimenting with the handling.cfg file, I've been able to change all of the DeLoreans' max speeds to 132 with an acceleration speed from 0 to 60 in 8 seconds!

Video:

Changes made:

- Max speed of 132 on all DeLoreans

- Accelerates from 0 to 60 in 7-8 seconds

- Incandescent bulbs for the headlights (slightly more yellowish that white)

- Changed size of rear lamp lighting from small to long only on the DMC-12 (the little red box for the brake lights is now covering all of the brake lights)

Hope you like it,

- RobertBlox

Links:

• See RobertBlox's BTTF: HV Addons version 1 Here
  • See RobertBlox's BTTF: HV Addons version 2 Here

EDIT: The Hill Valley map in the video is from 0.2e R1. The version I have is 0.2e R2, but I changed some of the map files such that I would have the R1 Hill Valley.

EDIT[2]: Thanks to Mike for information on some correct statistical data regarding the DeLorean's specs.

Edited by RobertBlox

Just for info, going by the book values, the maximum speed of a stock DeLorean is 130mph not 120mph.

Just for info, going by the book values, the maximum speed of a stock DeLorean is 130mph not 120mph.

Thanks Mike! :)

I guess I should make some changes then. Lol.

EDIT: Problem solved. All DeLoreans now have a max speed of 132 mph. I couldn't get 130 on the dot, so I'll settle with 132 and call it a night.

Edited by RobertBlox

Should be ok, although you'd be surprised at how little all that junk actually weighs.

Should be ok, although you'd be surprised at how little all that junk actually weighs.

Yeah, I know. :lol:

Still, it does add some weight. :roll:

Thanks for the tips, and thanks for posting Mike!

EDIT: Do you think there would be a possibility you could implement these handling edits into 0.2f? :rolleyes: I know it's a little out there, but it's worth asking, even if you do say no.

Edited by RobertBlox

PLEASE NOTE!

Did anyone notice that I didn't have any rain reflections when it was raining?

On my computer, I am always unable to see the Vice City rain reflections.

Does anyone know why this is?

Edited by RobertBlox

It might be a particle problem (configuration or texture).

It might be a particle problem (configuration or texture).

I actually have come to believe it is a problem with Windows 7 or my video card.

The funny thing is, when I installed VC on my Win7, I didn't have any audio hardware to go along with the missing reflections.

In order to fix this, I had to install it on an old Win-32 bit computer and copy all of the necessary audio hardware components to my VC directory.

Also, rain reflections work on the 32 bit computer, so this is an obvious indication that it is something related to either the system or the video card.

I guess I'll just have to leave it as is, or find a rain reflections mod... :3

- RobertBlox

I thing that the BTTF DeLorean shut not go the same speed as the stuck DeLorean, since it has all the stuff added, it had to take down some of the performance.

yeah a nuclear reactor could be heavy :P

I guess so, but it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway. :P

Besides, it's not like we're able to get to 130 mph easily as it is. Lol. :lol:

Also, didn't the DeLorean Time Machine have some performance upgrades "to give it a little extra kick!" Wouldn't this make up for the loss from the components (and if not go a little beyond)? :rolleyes:

--------

Still, thanks for posting, I appreciate it! :D

- RobertBlox

Sign in to follow this