Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
RobertBlox

RobertBlox's BTTF HV Add-ons

[uPDATE: See v3 (the remake) of these mods here: http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/forum/inde...?showtopic=3859]

Hello everyone,

Over the past month, I have made a few major edits to the GTA Vice City Mod including the following:

• New Marty Player Skins
  • New 1955 "Dance" Marty Mcfly skin
  • Modified "Casual" Marty Mcfly T-Shirt Skin
  • New Doc Player Skins
  • New (BTTF Ride) Doc Skin
  • New Particle Effects (movie-accurate and scratch made)
  • [Featuring] Modified headlight textures and no glare from headlights
  • [Featuring] Fire textures in particle.txd (you can see this on the fire trails after time travel)
  • [Featuring] Wormhole in the particle.txd (thanks to Carlos Mcfly)
  • [Featuring] Smoke Textures in the particle.txd
  • New DeLorean DMC-12 lights and license plate textures
  • New BTTF 1 lights and license plate textures
  • New BTTF 2 lights and license plate textures
  • New BTTF 3 lights and license plate textures
  • New BTTF 3 RR lights and license plate textures
  • New Time Circuit Off Sound
  • New Custom Radio stations
  • Modified Savegame File named "Back to the Future" (with near-infinite cash, movie weapons, and 2 of each BTTF car in each garage at Sunshine Autos)

Hope you like my add-ons!

- RobertBlox

EDIT: The fonts you see in the game were made by Thyncho88

The Mr. Fusion HUD was made by Arcticlight.

I also installed the 0.2e Fanmade Addons before adding my mods to the game myself.

The post for version 1 of these add-ons can be found Here

Handling.cfg edits can be found Here

EDIT[2]:

Marty Mcfly Skin Edit (new Vest and other improvements):

EDIT[3]: Unfortunately, most of this mod data has been lost due to a hard drive crash and will be recreated.

Edited by RobertBlox

You delorean modifications do look a lot better, but I'm going to be honest it looks bad compared to the newly modeled delorean for 0.2f. And the main Marty looks better than Tommy with a marty skin but the shoulders are messed up and his vest looks more like an open shirt with short sleeves. But I'm sure thats because of the way the model's texture applies. Particle effect textures look good as far as I can tell. They are laggy in the video. The explosion looks nice.

You delorean modifications do look a lot better, but I'm going to be honest it looks bad compared to the newly modeled delorean for 0.2f. And the main Marty looks better than Tommy with a marty skin but the shoulders are messed up and his vest looks more like an open shirt with short sleeves. But I'm sure thats because of the way the model's texture applies. Particle effect textures look good as far as I can tell. They are laggy in the video. The explosion looks nice.

Thanks you for your compliments and criticisims timetrain. ;)

Of course, the retexture of the 0.2e DeLorean is no where near as good as the new 0.2f car, but I just couldn't stand those pinkish rear lights and pixelated headlights (if you know what I mean). :rolleyes:

I am also aware that the skins are not perfect, but those are the limitations of VC. This is especially because VC has a tendency to stretch and shrink textures on clothing in wierd ways (as you stated).

On the bright side, at least the skin of Marty with the vest is a lot better than most others that have been made using a Vice City character model as its base (no offense to anyone). :P

The particles took the longest to make, and I'm glad you liked them! :D I constantly had to keep opening and closing VC to make sure I got them right before I could finally declare them as perfect. B)

As you said, they are laggy in the video, but this is only because of Fraps. Without Fraps, they perform just fine! :)

Once again, thank you for your comments!

- RobertBlox

Edited by RobertBlox

Good job, I think it's better than what I was doing

Congratulations!! RobertBlox!!!!!

Thank you very much gtavicecity. ;)

Although, I am only good at texturing/retexturing models. Making models by hand is not something I am the best at. In order to get even close to making models as good as yours, it would take me weeks and weeks longer to do.

Thanks once again,

- RobertBlox

EDIT: By the way, I've been eager to see how your edits have been going so far. Could you create a post with them at some point? :P

Edited by RobertBlox

Wow looking really cool man. Love to try out the new Marty skin!

Wow looking really cool man. Love to try out the new Marty skin!

Thanks hscitpe! :D

Unfortunately, I don't have any sort of file sharing account, otherwise I would put them up for download (that is, after asking for permission to put certain parts of these up from their respective owners, such as Thyncho88's fonts).

Also, I plan to improve the Marty skin very soon! This time it won't look like a short-sleeved shirt (as timetrain mentioned). :lol:

EDIT: I'm most likely not going to change the Marty skin because I can't find another good model in VC. That and when I tried using the Cuban Tommy Vercetti model, the arms on Marty looked way to skinny! :lol:

Edited by RobertBlox

Hello!

I'm making a model of Marty Mcfly, with new textures.

Here a picture:

Maty_Mcfly.jpg

This was a surprise!! :)

Edited by gtavicecity
  • Like 1

Hello!

I'm making a model of Marty Mcfly, with new textures.

Here a picture:

Maty_Mcfly.jpg

This was a surprise!! :)

Very nice! :D

EDIT: I also have the 3DS Max model of Doc Brown, too. :D

I can message you the link if you would like it.

Edited by RobertBlox

Very well, I hope it is a good model :)

Send it to me when you want.

Items sent. Good luck! :)

Nice add-ons dude! And thanks for the credit :P

Thanks Mr. Mcfly! :P

I couldn't have done it without your help! B)

I think he means he's making a more realistic texture for that model.

It is true, I am improving the model and textures and I think I'm doing a good job!

I did not want to upload my model, so I decided to publish the normal model, which is similar to my model.

I used the normal model to do my model. Ie this model was the basis for my model

Sorry for my bad English but it helped me a lot of the Google translator.I hope you have understand the why?

I think if I finish the model I will post it on my next topic

Thank you

Edited by gtavicecity

[*]New Marty Player Skins

[*]New 1955 "Dance" Marty Mcfly skin

[*]Modified "Casual" Marty Mcfly T-Shirt Skin

[*]New Doc Player Skins

Firstly congrats on your work thus far! i like the light casings, the shiny number plate, the skins, the fact the delorean goes over 100mph!

Secondly may i suggest opening Sanny and removing the wanted level? then using txd editior to edit the font (hud) the remove wanted stars! Also making the speedo smaller i have done the above and it works better! In addition to this i have a mission (WIP) where you deliver flyers for saving the clocktower with a flying delorean!

Thirdly may i suggest a partnership in exchanging material or may i request using some of your add-ons or could you possibly give me some pointers??

many thanks

ahhahaha! Thanks for the credits!!!! This fonts I made them a long time ago. This ones are better : HERE

Good addon!

Firstly congrats on your work thus far! i like the light casings, the shiny number plate, the skins, the fact the delorean goes over 100mph!

Secondly may i suggest opening Sanny and removing the wanted level? then using txd editior to edit the font (hud) the remove wanted stars! Also making the speedo smaller i have done the above and it works better! In addition to this i have a mission (WIP) where you deliver flyers for saving the clocktower with a flying delorean!

Thirdly may i suggest a partnership in exchanging material or may i request using some of your add-ons or could you possibly give me some pointers??

many thanks

Thank you for your interest in my addons. :)

Unfortunately, everytime I try to edit the main.scm with Sanny Builder, it tells me there is some unknown variable in the main that won't allow it to be editable by the user.

So as an alternative, everytime I get a wanted level, I just type in the cheat: leavemealone

In addition to this, I'm not sure how to edit the speedo from the main.scm, but I have edited speedos for SA such that you no longer require fuel! :P

Lastly, it is unfortunate, but I do not have any sort of file sharing account. If I did, I would have to ask for proper permissions from Carlos85G (for the DeLorean models) and such before releasing my textures, retextures, and addons.

------------

For pointers, all I can say is that you should take out an hour or two once a week to work on these mods.

- Within this hour, use tools such as the IMG tool to extract skins such as the "Casual" T-shirt Marty Mcfly skin.

- Then, use a TXD editor to export the texture as a .bmp image and edit it using a program such as Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.NET, or something along those lines.

- Make sure you have HD photos available from the movie, or photos of accessories such as Marty's Casio watch or of the DeLorean's rear lamps.

- Some textures (such as the DeLorean license plates, rear lamps, etc) you will have to make on your own by looking at other photos. This is where you will have to have a lot of patience because mistakes will be made.

- Once you do that, get familiar with the GTA Mod Installer. Look at a few installscript_gtavc.txt files to learn how they work. Then, try making a test of your own.

- Once you have mastered making Mod Installer scripts, you will be abble to add your files to the game with the click of a button!

------------

I believe that's all I can really say regarding that. I'll edit this post if I think of anything else.

Good luck,

- RobertBlox

Edited by RobertBlox

Marty Mcfly (1985 with vest) skin redone!

You can watch the video below or look at the first post from this thread.

I like Skin :)

But you made any changes in the model?

I think it looks something different.

Nope, no model changes. :P

The only changes I made were the vest and minor changes to the jean jacket.

All I did was use the Tommy Vercetti Country Club Outfit because it flips the torso texture. :rolleyes:

- Then, use a TXD editor to export the texture as a .bmp image and edit it using a program such as Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.NET, or something along those lines.

- Make sure you have HD photos available from the movie, or photos of accessories such as Marty's Casio watch or of the DeLorean's rear lamps.

- Some textures (such as the DeLorean license plates, rear lamps, etc) you will have to make on your own by looking at other photos. This is where you will have to have a lot of patience because mistakes will be made.

- Once you do that, get familiar with the GTA Mod Installer. Look at a few installscript_gtavc.txt files to learn how they work. Then, try making a test of your own.

- Once you have mastered making Mod Installer scripts, you will be abble to add your files to the game with the click of a button!

Well ta. First i already do all of the above minus the Installer script i tried once to no pervail.

Secondly make sure the Sanny is located to the right installation (if you have more than one!) also make sure its main not main 1, 2 etc press f6 before you start to make sure it runs ok.

what i did: searched "wanted" higglighted and deleted the main script changed another others to > 1

removed it from the list of create threads next with the speedo i looked under this line...

"033F: set_text_draw_letter_width_height" press f3 to scroll down until :SPDMTR_141 comes up

changed the numbers from 033F: set_text_draw_letter_width_height 2.0 8.0

to 033F: set_text_draw_letter_width_height 1.0 5.0

then press f6 should sort it out!!

Well ta. First i already do all of the above minus the Installer script i tried once to no pervail.

Secondly make sure the Sanny is located to the right installation (if you have more than one!) also make sure its main not main 1, 2 etc press f6 before you start to make sure it runs ok.

what i did: searched "wanted" higglighted and deleted the main script changed another others to > 1

removed it from the list of create threads next with the speedo i looked under this line...

"033F: set_text_draw_letter_width_height" press f3 to scroll down until :SPDMTR_141 comes up

changed the numbers from 033F: set_text_draw_letter_width_height 2.0 8.0

to 033F: set_text_draw_letter_width_height 1.0 5.0

then press f6 should sort it out!!

Great, I just wanted to make sure you knew just in case. ;)

Also, I did set the installation properly to my GTA VC under the C Drive.

The thing is that the main.scm does open in Sanny Builder, but upon compiling the file I end up getting errors in multiple locations where it says "Expected 2 parameters"

The odd thing is that I also did not edit those areas either.

To make sure I didn't do something wrong, I opened the main again and pressed compile without changing any of the lines.... Still, no luck! :huh:

I guess it's another problem with Win-64 bit computers... :P

Sign in to follow this