Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mecha

Functioning Texaco Station for 0.2f

Would it be possible to implement a code like the one at the Sunshine Autos garage into the Texaco station garage in the Courthouse Square?

I realize this is non-canon but it could be a helpful feature to allow the player to change DeLoreans in the Square and avoid having to drive/fly all the way back to Sunshine.

You mean add a repair garage/paint-n-spray in the Texaco gas station? If so that is a good idea. I'm sure it's been thought of before though, I recall a fan made add-on for the square that had this included already.

But if you mean put a version of doc's garage in the square that can build time machines, then that might be a little too non canon. Doc builds his time machines in secrecy. The only exception is being able to convert the BTTF 1 DeLorean into a hover DeLorean at the hover conversion place in 2015.

Yea, exactly. I think it would be cool if the team could do that. Obviously there's still a ton to be done

but if the team has time before the December release date then they should give it a shot.

I recall a fan made add-on for the square that had this included already.

To answer said quote or question the pay n spray is a fan add on.

I have tweaked it personally that itll swap deloreans but they spawn at Sunshine autos (or DMC in my mod)

hope this helps?

but if the team has time before the December release date

Did I miss something?

That_6934bd_864413.jpg

If you check the comments on the 0.2f Delorean Evolution video on the mod team's YouTube page,

you can find this comment: "Mostly likely around this time next year, but don't hold me to that. (Mike)"

Since the video was uploaded this past December, then that would make this upcoming December the release

window. Then again, the comment does say to not hold them to it, so it's still tentative.

Well, that was just an assumption, I wouldn't hold it to that or give you hope up because we all know this mod takes time. But I'm not disagreeing with Mike either because there IS a good chance it will be out this year. But keep in mind you're not holding anyone to that.

There is no set release date yet.

Would it be possible to implement a code like the one at the Sunshine Autos garage into the Texaco station garage in the Courthouse Square?

I realize this is non-canon but it could be a helpful feature to allow the player to change DeLoreans in the Square and avoid having to drive/fly all the way back to Sunshine.

As Timetrain said, it wouldn't make sense for the Texaco station to be able to do that because Doc worked on the car independently, but it would be nice if you could change from the BTTF 1 car to the BTTF 2 car. :D

In addition to both of your thoughts, I also think that the BTTF 3 cars should be able to turn into the BTTF 2 version, too (via the Texaco garage). Even though it's not entirely movie accurate, it would make sense. ;)

The last thing I have in mind goes a little off track from BTTF, but it would be cool if the Pay n' Sprays let you choose the color that you wanted for your car. It's kind of something like the Trans Fender garages in GTA SA. The only limitation would be that it would only let you select colors that are available for that car in the carcols.dat file. This way, if you drove a DeLorean in, you would only be able to pick "Silver."

Anyone agree? :lol:

I think it's very easy to do just should make a new garage to create time machines in Hill Valley like in "Sun Shine Autos".

What I mean is that we should copy the same code and just change the coordinates of the location of "Texaco" and leave the rest as is.

Edited by gtavicecity

But why would texaco know how to build a time machine???

Technically speaking, Hill Valley isn't a floating island in the middle of the ocean. Yea it's non-canon, it would just be a fun little feature for now. In the final release, it won't be in the game of course.

I don't know that just sounds impossibly non-cannon, if anything there should be a road that's modeled that goes to a modeled doc's garage and mansion depending on the time frame. And you drive the delorean into it just like sunshine autos.

See I like that idea but I'm not sure it can happen. The team said only the Courthouse Square for 0.2f :(. But yea, if Doc's Garage is modeled and can be used to make time machines that would be awesome.

But why would texaco know how to build a time machine???

Well that's not what I meant. xD

What I meant was that the Texaco garage should only be able to build the BTTF 2 converted car if and only if:

- You bring a BTTF 1 car

- You bring a BTTF 3 car

- You bring a BTTF 3 RR car

So essentially, it's pretty much like only doing the hover conversion. :D

My Pay n' Spray idea is separate from the Texaco garage, so disregard it. :lol:

Sign in to follow this