Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mecha

2015 7-Eleven Compu-Vend?

If you've seen BTTF2, you've probably seen the fully-automated Texaco station of the future. But did you

know that under it is a futuristic 7-Eleven? Unfortunately, it gets very little screen-time and Marty never actually walks in to purchase anything. There is also a lack of photos of the particular set piece online, which is a shame since I would love to know what it looks like inside.

After some looking around, I was able to find this:

http://www.screenused.com/?sectionID=item-...jpg&id=1931

As you can see, it is old and parts of it are even missing, but you can see what appear to be vending machines

of some sort on the far wall. If you look at the centerpiece, there are some touchpad looking things on it. I found the following picture of one of the touchpads in someone's prop collection online:

http://www.hollywoodhardware.de/items/compuvend.html

If anyone has found anymore pics of this set piece, please share them as I would love to take a look! Thanks again guys.

Yeah there's a lot of details that we can't see in the movies, like the huge difference of prices for fuel between 1955 and 2015 ...

I remember that a guy did an awesome job on Second Life, he recreated the 2015 HV Square with a great accuracy but I can't remember if he did the 7-Eleven Compu-Vend.

EDIT :

Just found that :

hv23.jpg

Edited by Microman

Thanks for the image Microman. I wish someone would have taken close-up pics of the vending machine-looking panels in the back of the store. Ah well, when the mod team gets around to modeling it in BTTF:HV I'm sure it will look fine.

Here is a nice video of the Studio set which does show the 7-Eleven Compu-Vend for a little while:

Edited by RobertBlox

Thanks RobertBlox! That video has a great view of the interior with all the different vending

machines. Just what I was looking for!

Perhaps the mod team could find it useful, too. :lol:

Glad you liked it! :D

Great reference material but why did he have to keep spinning around so fast, it did my head in.

Yeah, that bothered me, too... At least we have the footage, though. ;)

Sign in to follow this