Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
RobertBlox

Skins, Radio, and Particle Add-Ons to BTTF HV

This video features edits to the Back to the Future: Hill Valley mod that were added on by me, RobertBlox. :lol:

Changes that I made include:

• New 1985 Marty Mcfly skin (from the end of BTTF 1) to replace Tommy Vercetti's "Street" skin
  • New Custom Radio stations.
  • New Time Circuits Off Sound
  • New Custom Particle effects that include:
  • - New generic corona lighting textures
  • - New front headlight beam textures to get rid of the glare
  • - New coil corona lighting
  • - New flame textures with a slight glowing feel to them
  • - Changes to tire skid marks
  • - Slight changes to water reflections

Please note that there is no download link available for these add-ons and that the new files were made completely by me.

One reason why I edited the particle.txd is because I couldn't stand the glare from the headlights and had to get rid of them. :laughing2: I also wanted a more realistic 1985 Marty Mcfly skin than those offered over the internet. In addition to this, whenever I looked at the front coil lighting, it was too obvious that there were multiple lights that made it up. To fix this, I made a new corona light texture that was thicker and more saturated which would make it look more as if it were one whole. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, I had no real reason to change the flame texture. I just thought that by layering an image of a real flame with an added glow effect would look nice. :P

Tell me what you guys think.

Thank you for viewing, B)

- RobertBlox

EDIT: Version 2 of these add-ons can be found Here

Handling.cfg edits can be found Here

Edited by RobertBlox

Since I'm in school I cannot view youtube videos right now, but it sounds great

The fog lights? :huh: They're not on... I only have the two main headlamps that were on in the movie lit up. :lol:

Oh, the fonts. :lol:

I actually did not make the fonts you see in the video, but I found another fonts.txd file on Google and replaced the fonts.txd file. It was a while ago, though. I don't really remember exactly where I found the file, but I believe it may have been on Moddb.

Just look up BTTF HV fonts, or something like that. :)

- RobertBlox

Whoops! :lol:

Sorry about not remembering you made them. I must say, though that they're very nice and I much prefer them over the standard ones. You really out-did yourself with that. :D

- RobertBlox

Sorry, you did not understand me, I Wanted to say that, I THINK that they are mine, and then I made a new fonts, replacing the old ones that I made before, sorry My English is awful.

HERE: LINK to the font mod

I really should have kept those vents lighted and just added the glow effects for forward movement. Oh well.

I agree with you about the front coils being too obvious in being made of a bead of lights, but it was the best I could do with the particle limit. SA had a higher limit so I was able to hide it better in that game using more textures. Glad to see someone who noticed and fixed it. The flames should be glowing anyway since they're supposed to be spent plasma, though since I haven't played it in years, it looks the same to me. Good work!

Oh, I see. I'm sorry that I misunderstood you Thyncho. Although I do believe these fonts are yours. :)

Edited by RobertBlox

Thanks Blue for your comments. :)

I understand that it was the best you could do with the particle limit, but it still came out great though, even with this minor problem. I just tend to be a little crazy about these little things. Lol. :rolleyes:

I myself wouldn't have ever been able to code anything close as to what you were able to do here and in multiple other places.

Also, I do know that the flames or plasma are supposed to be glowing, but I should have been more specific with what I said before.

What I meant was that I got a texture of a real flame and added a glow to it so it would look nice in-game. The thing I didn't like about the old flames was that they didn't actually have a real flame texture in them, but were just a glow.

Thank you once again,

- RobertBlox

Liking the new skin and the headlights :) Didn't notice much else but i haven't played in ages either :P

Although you haven't played in a while Dave27, I wanted to point out that if you look closely at the flame trails after the BTTF 1 car Time Travels (at 7:39), you will notice that it isn't just a glow (which the old one was) but has an actual flame texture inside it, too. :P

If I could make the video quality a little better it would be easier to notice... :lol:

Edited by RobertBlox

Sign in to follow this