:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Dragon King

Mattel to make Movie accurate Hoverboard

Nice, though I think I will hold fire 'till they make one that hovers lol............... didn't they say in the making of BTTF that they've always been about but a parenting group said they were unsafe hence why no one can get one?

~John~

No price and its not on mattel collector yet for preorder. I want as long as its not a million dollars.

I wonder what they meant by "such a high price item". How much could this really cost to make. I say twenty bucks, max. Why do they charge so much for their replicas. The flux capacitor is no where near movie acurate and its like $250.00. Although, its made of metal and lights up and stuff. The hover board is just a piece of painted wood. Why would that cost a lot. IDK.

oh yeah. Diamond Select made the flux capacitor. Whoops. lol. but at anyrate, I still don't see how these prop replicas cost so much. They don't cost that much to make.

Business 101: If its not worth 300%, its not worth investing in.

Thats why it everything costs so much ;)

Edited by Orgcon

The price is $120 dollars and is currently avaliable for pre-order. Also comes with a toy scale version that will

fit on 6" action figures. Not sure If I will order one, but I would love to get one!

I ended up pre-ordering one! It came out to a little over $140 with shipping and taxes.

If you guys are interested, there is only a week left before they stop taking pre-orders.

Here's the link: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/...uctID.247060500

This is the video that convinced me to buy one. It really seems like Mattel is pulling out all the stops

to make it a worthy, screen-accurate prop (without it actually hovering, of course).