Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Bullseye

Scaling in 3ds max?

Hello everyone,

I have just made an interior for my mod which I'm working on, just wondering whether I should temporaily import the player model to my scene to get a general idea of scale? how would you do it?

Thanks in advance.

~John~

You can Import a car, too. The thing is this, to import a model from gta vc, you will need:

Kam's Scrips for 3ds max

IMG tool

First, you open img tool, selec the gta3.img file that is in the gtavc models folder. Then, you select a .dff file

For example: admiral.dff (a car) :P

Then you export it to a folder.

Next, you open 3ds max and In the utilities page you select DFF IO --- IMPORT DFF, then you select the admiral.dff file. Thats all

PIC

Good luck. :D

If you have problems you can PM me

Thanks for the info Thyncho,

But I wanted some tips on scaling a model down, so it is the correct size for GTA VC, its a map object and scratch built, the size it is at the moment I think I will look enormous lol....

~John~

I know how to scale lol.............

What would be the best way to know, that I've got everything the correct size, I want to do this with a slight degree of accuracy lol It's an interior for a building :)

~John~

Import an object from the default map to compare to an item in your map like a computer desk for example. Scale it down to the size you want. If you have multiple objects right click on the scale tool and take note of the number that way you just input this number to other objects. Then make sure you go to the hierarchy tab and hit the "reset scale" button.

Thanks Trance,

I'll do that :)

~John~

ps. did you see that vid I posted in "off topic" of Bullseye diving into the bucket? ;)

Edited by Bullseye

Sure no sweat. No I didn't. Bullseye being your dog obviously. :P