Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TranceLikeState

Nike's "Secret" Project

We all pretty much knew this would happen, but i'd say this makes it official.

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

WHOOOOOOOO! :w00tdance: :w00tdance: :w00tdance: :w00tdance: :w00tdance: :w00tdance: :w00tdance: :w00tdance: :w00tdance: :w00tdance:

I'm unsure myself, it does look like a really good 3d animation like Mike said.

Plus there is also the fact that those are the original film spec design for the hi-top, whereas the more modern Nike design hi-tops look nothing like and are bloody awful.

One thing i noticed is some of the shoes have a charged battery and have multicolored lights, whereas others are red and flashing as if needing a recharge. If thats a 3d render, it's some attention to detail ;)

I remember they were using Kobe Bryant Hyper dunks (jet stream white).......... thats cool and all but.... nah

I know if you look hard enough, Chinese companies make knockoffs for like $60.00 US

But as some of us know who have bought cheap shoes, you probably would rather NOT wear the knockoffs, because the material has about the same comfort as sheet metal.

EDIT: I believe that Mike is Correct Indeed. look at the 26sec mark to 30 sec mark, when you play that look at the top left shelf at the end of the row... an unrealistic shadow renders in that time frame. That tells me it is just an animation.

as an animator i have to agree with chico We skip framed the video and found a few errors.

What he said, downside is they aren't power laced.

http://nikemag.ebay.com

And they are out of the reach of most normal people, currently bids on there of $3500+. I'd stick with Trances option of the ones from the prop builder, essentially the same thing.

[..] look at the 26sec mark to 30 sec mark, when you play that look at the top left shelf at the end of the row... an unrealistic shadow renders in that time frame. That tells me it is just an animation.

Thats not a shadow but the ceiling, visible through a gap in the shelf Same on the right side.

Indeed mike. they may be a bit higher quality but if youre paying that much for a shoe you better not wear it anyway.

Do you wear yours? If so are they comfortable? I'll probably just get some from the prop builder and/or wait for the knock off's to appear on ebay.

I will at a party when it's appropriate haha. They are very comfy and if i had to compare them i'd say they are like wearing wet suit booties. I think he's dropping them for $250 now. Theres a guy on replica prop forum who will totally convert them for you for 500 or 600 but it's cheaper to do it yourself. His just look great cuz of all his practice. Look see.

I need shoes :D

Edited by zero

They're taking their chance to help MJF. No one would auction the shoes if they came out in mass production, they might as well release them to "public" in half a year for a decent price

But then, if they do make a general release, wouldn't it devalue the current versions? I can't see a general release happening based on that reasoning.

Sign in to follow this