Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Griff

I just discovered BTTF Hill Valley!

Hi all!

I only found out about this awesome mod last Friday, and see that you guys have been at it for over 3 years now! I'm a massive BTTF and GTA fan, so I got rather excited over this!

I signed up for the forum as I'm having a bit of trouble getting started while in game play. After fiddling about for an hour or so, I managed to get to the year 2015 and I'm currently stuck in the DMC 13 at Sunshine Autos. I'm meant to be transporting myself to a new location (not time travel). I can't quite figure it out as the controls are a little foreign to me. I have a little bit of constructive criticism; I think the tutorial instructions would have been better in a more legible font. The digital "alarm clock" font was obviously never originally designed for letters, but that's just my opinion. They also vanish before I get to read them in full sometimes, and I don't know how to get them back... It's been a while since I played GTA...

I have found the TXT file with the list of controls, but I will have to give it another go later when I'm at home.

Either way, I love the game so far and have been just fooling about in the BTTF II vehicle, flying around, zipping through time, etc. :) I have yet to try out the story (gotta figure out where it is so I can start it)...

Laters,

Griff

Edited by Griff

Welcome to the Back to the Future: Hill Valley Forums! Delighted to have you on-board! :D

To use the Location Feature of the DMC-13, you cycle through the time circuits with Caps Lock (I think), until you see the white dot (representing the area selected), below the Yellow readout (Last Time Departed) on the Time Circuits.

Now press CTRL, and you will switch to the overhead view. Move the red dot to a location, and press CTRL again to confirm the location. You may have to wait for the tutorial text to catch up before CTRL will respond when selecting the location. Note that this only occurs during the tutorial. The tutorial automatically picks a different location for you, so the one you pick here won't be where you'll be transported, but this is only for the tutorial.

Now, the camera should come back to the DMC-13, but now below the Yellow readout on the Time Circuits, you should see "Custom Location" or something like that in blue lettering.

Now, just follow the rest of the tutorial, and you're good to go! Post again if you have any more problems.

As for the story, there is no storyline right now, as the mod is still in its development stages, so freeroam is your only option.

However, there is the BTTF Ride Mission in Sunshine Autos from 2005 onwards.

Also, you can do the lightning run on Nov. 12 1955 to time travel, but is not a mission.

and again, Welcome!

Edited by Daniel

Hi Daniel, thanks for the greetings and the advice on the controls. I will give this a whirl tonight if I have time. :)

Shame about the story mode, but I will certainly keep an eye out and play it when it's released. :) Regarding the BTTF Ride Mission, do I need to travel to the year 2005 to play that, or did you mean since 2005 there is a mission I can play? I'll certainly try out the lightning run too! Where on the map is it?

The Ride Mission is available from any year in the game from 2005 onwards. You don't have to have to be exactly in 2005.

As for the map, here you go.

vice-city-map.png

You have to have the BTTF1 DeLorean w/ Hook/ Get it by going to the Sunshine Autos, and going to the garage, highlight the BTTF1 DeLorean, and press down. It should now read "BTTF1 DeLorean w/ Hook". Select it.

Now, I recommend putting the hook up before time traveling to Nov. 12, 1955, as I've had the game crash or freeze on me when putting it up on Nov. 12, 1955. (Don't worry, the hook only disappears when you do the lightning run.)

Now, time travel to Nov. 12, 1955. I'd recommend going to 09:57pm to give yourself enough time to find the map if you haven't done so. When you reach the road that goes to the square, you should see a white line on the road. This is where you start from. Set the Time Circuits to wherever (I always do Oct 26 1985 01:24am).

At 10:03, at about 15 seconds from 10:04, the alarm should ring, providing you followed the instructions. When it rings, gun the accelerator and get to the clocktower. At 10:04pm, lightning strikes, and when the hook makes contact, you time travel. You'll get to see the rod and cable spark, just like the movie, providing you have cutscene Time travel on.

You don't need plutonium for this to work. It may take a few tries to get it to work, but it's awesome.

Oh, and again, MAKE SURE THE TIME TRAVEL MODE IS SET TO CUTSCENE! I can't tell you how many times I've screwed up the run by forgetting that!

Good Luck!

And another thing, you can do the BTTF2 Lightning strike, by going to Nov 12 1955 with the BTTF2 DeLorean, and fly around, and you'll get struck eventually, and Time Travel. You'll then fall to the ground, and the Flying Circuits and Time Circuits will no longer work. You can go and fix them at sunshine autos

Edited by Daniel

Welcome, in the Images section you can see progress on the newest version of the mod, also in the modeling section of the forums, you can see the new delorean model in progress. Welcome!

Hi again guys, thanks for the reply posts. I only just saw your second post Daniel, but I stumbled upon the courthouse / clocktower area the other day, which was a VERY nice surprise! Looks like a lot of work has been done, but still needs the mapping done, etc. Looks fantastic though! I got all excited and called my girlfriend in and she's all like "yeah that's great... so back to..." Ha!

I also stumbled on The Ride mission in Sunshine Autos too, but failed it quickly and haven't given it another shot yet. I've been to Universal Studios in Hollywood once, back in 2009, but the BTTF ride has been replaced by The Simpsons Ride. Boo. Tho, The Simpsons Ride was bloody awesome. :) I did see the DeLorean on the Studio Tour, and that was awesome. :) I've also seent he BTTF Ride on YouTube, so I know what happens, etc...

So, I've just been driving around, freeroaming and I gotta say, the DMC 13 is a very nice ride. Especially in comparison to the DMC 12! Wow. Tho, at first I was all like "nothing can beat the legendary DMC 12!" Haha! Can I ask, is the DMC 12 in the mod very realistic to a real life experience driving one? Anyone driven one for real? Cos I read they don't have power steering, has very weak horsepower and so on... but obviously that's cos it's a 30 year old car! I've been researching the costs to buy one, not that I can afford it, but just exercising my curiosity... ;)

I also stumbled on the Deviant Art page of the guy who designed the DMC 13, as I wanted to find out if it was real or fictional. Oh! And a great job on the future cop cars! Love the handling. I'm really enjoying the hover car flying in the DMC 12, 13 and cop cars. The rest aren't full animated yet, right? I assume so because all that I've tried so far don't tilt when turning in the air, etc...

Anyways, cheers for the heads up on the lighting strike runs, I will CERTAINLY be trying those out soon! :) How do I check i have cutscene animations on?

I'll check out the progress in the images section ASAP, ta! Speaking of which, has more progress been made with the GTA SA mod than the VC one?

Oh and lastly, this is somewhat unreleated, but I cannot seem to alter my video settings in the game's menu. Anyone else have this? I don't think it's a mod bug. I recall having this problem long before installing the BTTF mod.

Laters!

Edited by Griff

Can I ask, is the DMC 12 in the mod very realistic to a real life experience driving one? Anyone driven one for real?
No it's nothing like driving a real one, it is a game after all :P

Cos I read they don't have power steering, has very weak horsepower and so on... but obviously that's cos it's a 30 year old car!
They don't but that's not a real issue at all, neither is the lack of horsepower, they are fast enough for what they are, definitely built for comfort though not speed.

I've been researching the costs to buy one, not that I can afford it, but just exercising my curiosity... ;)
If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything. ;)

How do I check i have cutscene animations on?

When in a Time Traveling DeLorean, press Right Shift and Space Simultaneously. It allows you to switch from Cutscene to Instant and Vice Versa.

Has more progress been made with the GTA SA mod than the VC one?

No, because I don't think the SA Version is going to be as big as the VC Version. I think it's just an addon to the original story.

I cannot seem to alter my video settings in the game's menu. Anyone else have this? I don't think it's a mod bug. I recall having this problem long before installing the BTTF mod.

Really? I never had that problem. By video settings, do you mean the game's resolution?

Edited by Daniel

For the video problem, edit video settings before starting a new game.

For cutscene, press horn and handbrake at a time.

And for the SA mod... Well, I kind of hoped it would outgrow VC eventually