:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
ReeceMix

Is there a City Layout Plan?

O.ooo

Maybe this pic will help you. It is the courtroom square without the courtroom and clearly shows the street behind the courtroom dosn't run parallel.

gallery_3_278342.jpg

Maybe this pic will help you. It is the courtroom square without the courtroom and clearly shows the street behind the courtroom dosn't run parallel.

Finally a sensible responce, this could have been the 2nd post, but instead people treat it like an msn conversation, Allow me to be frank, this is the second time this year Ive posted on this forum and the second time ppl act all clicky and immature, and the 'map positioning guru' says you arnt fleshing out the map untill the courthouse square is done? The detail shown in the 2.f pictures is great, but perhaps too much time is being spent on it?

After all this time I think its fair to have a basic city layout, personally that would have been my first step;

Creating an overall topography of the area

Creating basic non detailed placeholder buildings for all locations in all 4 timezones

Creating roads & railroad based on 1885 - 1985 all with basic textures

Theirby dumping the VC map alltogether

I would be happy to do these basic things because I care about this project, but I dont care about a bunch of guys doing nothing but jerking each others egos (actually thats my second hobby) but seriously my impression is that this project has totally lost its focus with no real updates for over a year, whats changed? Again im not trying to sound like a prick im just asking questions and being honest, Try to understand the things Ive said before the next wave of immature posts, and if you'd rather I not post on this forum again, I shall bid you Good Day...

I said good Day Sir!

Allow me to be frank
Ok, can I still be Mike?

The detail shown in the 2.f pictures is great, but perhaps too much time is being spent on it?
I don't think so, I would rather things take time to complete and that the details are spot on, than churn out crap just for the sake of making a release.

Creating basic non detailed placeholder buildings for all locations in all 4 timezones
Liam does this when he creates his buildings, but he isn't going to waste his time texturing and exporting them to VC when they would just need to be redone all over again.

Theirby dumping the VC map alltogether
Once we release 0.2f, the next step will be a 0.3a which should follow pretty quickly. 0.3a will completely remove the Vice City map, leaving only the newly completed HV models. Then in a similar fashion to SA's Source Code releases, update files will be released as we add further buildings, letting you see the new buildings and watch the map grow.

my impression is that this project has totally lost its focus with no real updates for over a year, whats changed?
We all have lives, girlfiends, jobs, other commitments, this is a non-paid gig and we can't dedicate all of our time to it. There is always the TellTale BTTF Game for those who are to impatient to wait for our little mod.

if you'd rather I not post on this forum again, I shall bid you Good Day...
I have no issues with you posting on here, I'm all for open discussion.

I think you should see much more of a plan formulated once we have got 0.2f out the door.

Ok, if you don't like how the team is handling things, go make your own mod. I think they are doing well. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think they are doing good. Be in mind there are things you don't see, and they are also working on other things. They are doing hard work and they want it to be perfect so they will be proud of their work, they know when its ready. And the part about less minecraft, first off they are not slaves, they are entitled to relax and have some free time. They have lives you know. Like a job, and maybe a girlfriend. Who knows if one of their relatives is sick. Good day indeed

Once we release 0.2f, the next step will be a 0.3a which should follow pretty quickly. 0.3a will completely remove the Vice City map, leaving only the newly completed HV models. Then in a similar fashion to SA's Source Code releases, update files will be released as we add further buildings, letting you see the new buildings and watch the map grow.

That's actually quite an awesome idea! :D

Now when Vice City's Map is deleted, I take it Doc's Garage will be the first to be made? Since we need a place to build the Time Machines?

Edited by Daniel

That's actually quite an awesome idea! :D
Our team are full of awesome idea's :P

The thought behind that is to then have the mod be more frequently updated, so as soon as a new model is done, out goes an update file to update your 0.3a install. This way, you guys aren't waiting 3+ years for then next official version to be released.

you know it's weird, every couple of months or so we get another person who wants to help make this mod go faster or posts there opinion on how the mod team can be made better (im not knocking you ReeceMix, your well spoken and have good strong opinions) but the fact is no matter which way you say it, we are all asking the same questions over and over again.

for example "why are you guys taking so long......i can help.....i can model......you should do this......do that......?"

answer "the mod team has lives...yada yada yada.....can't be on the mod 24/7......show us what you can do.......blah blah blah....." (im not mocking the mod team BTW, just summing up what they say to everyone)

Then we go on to have about 2 or 3 pages of discussion about updates and stuff, in which then the topic is closed.....then.....couple of months later, someone makes a new topic about how they can help and suggestions on how the mod team can improve models or work faster and the whole freaking cycle starts all over again......

so if i can make a suggestion

obviously the problem is communication, obviously the mod team have lives and obviously they can't be on the computer all the time working on models or posting updates to patient fans, so i suggest that the mod team have someone on the team precisely for that job, almost like a messenger, this person must have the following:

a lot of time on there hands

don't go out that much

spend most of there time on the pc

are completely devoted to the mod

like informing the public and is well spoken

to sum up in a nutshell...we need someone who DOES NOT HAVE A LIFE......which in this group....shouldn't be hard to find......LOLOLOL.....but in all seriousness there are people like that out there...and you would be surprised how many people would do this for the mod team...it's just the question of whether they can do it properly

by doing this, it will allow the mod team to still have a life, and at the same time keep the public well informed with all goings on in the mod team...whats been finished.....whats been started....down to every last detail...even if it's just changing the color of a wall....any news about the mod is better then none...

this is just my two cents, once again I'm not putting anyone down here...just trying to find a solution that pleases everyone.

I've an idea that may help. Can someone Spend 30 minutes updating the home page so when new peeps arrive they don't see the old untextured HV square. And if someone wrote basically what mike wrote a few posts ago they shouldn't keep asking the "same questions".

just trying to find a solution that pleases everyone.
What about posting updates in the News section? Thing is, I could post monthly updates, but whenever we are ready to share stuff with the rest of the site, we post updates/images on it anyway. We could of course make some topic in the News section where we can link to updates when posted.

I agree with both BTTF Forever and Dave27. There should indeed be just one person who takes all the questions upon him. Sadly enough I don't think that the modding team has such a person in his team right now(no offence).

So I would say: Modding team, run a test(if ya got the time of course) to see which people are online daily and are willing to talk to people. Next to that he or she needs to be trusted by all of you to give the precious updates. Last but not least, he or she needs to be a smooth talker and some one who won't get mad when he or see basically needs to awnser the same question over and over again.

And now for the point Dave27 made: Modding team, try to make an layout of how the new homepage of the mod should look like, ask perhaps people on the forum by starting for example a contest like: Who'll build the best Homepage? I'm sure a lot of people would like to help on that!

And now for the what Mike said: Problem is, most of the people who're asking those questions over and over again aren't actually looking in the news folder, don't know why though. The first thing they look at is the homepage and the albums, which are, in many peoples opinion, 'not really updated'. So I would say: Update the homepage too once in a while so people will see that first before they come jibberjabber all over this forum.

I wish you all a good day! :D

Edited by Evil Morning Operator

If I can help ! : hillvalleyeng.jpg

I agree with both BTTF Forever and Dave27. There should indeed be just one person who takes all the questions upon him. Sadly enough I don't think that the modding team has such a person in his team right now(no offence)

To go on about my last post, I would also say: Don't let the public(all the people on the forum) know which person you may choose before you guys are 100% that it's the guy or girl you guys would need for this job, otherwise everyone will start bugging a person who perhaps doesn't know it himself or herself yet.

Sorry about double posting btw.

Edited by Evil Morning Operator

Why should there be one person to be the messenger? We've all been saying the same damn thing since day 1! I may just record a video saying how we all have lives etc... Updates are always shown to those that earned to see them.

I think the homepage desperately needs updating and a recent news section might be a good idea, I dont think it should be that time consuming to post progress updates every 3/4 months.

Blogs usually means update info but that seems to be restricted

I may just record a video saying how we all have lives etc... Updates are always shown to those that earned to see them.

You might as well just post a sign on the homepage saying

"F**K you fans & supporters! I'm better than you! Donate $10 to see updates!"

Every 3-4 months is workable, though keep in mind the progress pictures of the DeLorean are coming every few weeks (sometimes once a week). I'll get something up in the news section over the next few days.

Perhaps we should update the IFT package with that description.

And that's why there should be just one person since you guys have lives. So you can cope with those and one person who doesn't have a live can be the messenger, just to get some stuff of your guys backs.

When the updates come from us anyway, it really doesn't make sense to bring someone on just to post updates. And since all updates are posted by delorean88us anyway, we've kinda got that covered.

I know, I know that's true. But the problem is that newbies keep asking about new releases and what have been done already. Ain't there a way to cope with those questions without having you guys to talk to them again?

But are ya guys planning to change the homepage, so newbies can see what's been done already and what's not allowed to ask(cause they obvious don't read the rules)?

Internally we've been talking about a site update for over a year, it's just finding the time to sit down and actually work on it, the whole site will be overhauled with a new skin/layout, and also updated to the latest version of forum software.

That's really good to hear ^^! But like I said, ya could start a contest between the peoples on this forum to already get some idea's and perhaps a winning layout for the site ;)

Nope, we're fine making it in house. Besides, if you use the search I think you will find a topic discussing exactly that, but the ideas that were turned in were, bluntly put, crap.

Hey, if I remember correctly my idea for a "Brushed Stainless Steel" tiled background went over pretty well.

Edited by Joe Statler

And the part about less minecraft, first off they are not slaves, they are entitled to relax and have some free time. They have lives you know. Like a job, and maybe a girlfriend. Who knows if one of their relatives is sick. Good day indeed

Good, you finally understand....

Sign in to follow this