Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
ReeceMix

Is there a City Layout Plan?

Firstly Im really into this BTTFHV project and i really hope it is eventually realised as a complete contained product, and not just impressive addons for Vice City.

Im interested to know how the city model area will be laid out?, will it be 'islandified', or without the use of helicopters/planes and barricated off at map edges?

There are many references in the BTTF trillogy on where certain places are located in relation to where they are (and will be) eg Biffs tunnel, shonash ravine, The mcfly ranch Doc's ancestors place & Doc's future place etc, This Google view is just a small example of the length of the clocktower, (also seen in BBTF2 when biff says 'someday you will be mine' and the angle of the road at the p**no theatre. (really P0 rno is ***'d??)

hillvalley.jpg

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=courthouse...001725&z=19

I have modelling skills and would be willing to help but personally Im very anal about these things and I like to do things right. For example Marty needs to pass through the courthouse square to make his way to school from Docs place, its fair to assume that Lion estates is before Doc's place (perhaps just past Two Pines mall) See Anal , and i can type anal but I cant type p0rn0? lol)

The current BTTFHV Couthouse sqaure looks amazingly detailed it just seems a shame to omit these (all be it minor) details. I'd be happy to create an interpreted overview area map, and leave it open for debate

Edited by ReeceMix

i you want to help, you need to show us you are capable of modeling decent models. And we have Liam working on the major buildings like the Court House Square buildings, School, Cinema, etc. We need a modeler to model generic buildings like houses, gas stations restaurants, stores and abide by my approved layout of the city. I am working on a layout that will cater to our needs. while it would be nice, we can't realistically place the buildings at proper distances, like biff being 15 miles away from school etc.

While it would be nice, we can't realistically place the buildings at proper distances, like biff being 15 miles away from school etc.

Like the Lyon Estates won't be 2 miles from the town square, correct?

i you want to help, you need to show us you are capable of modeling decent models. And we have Liam working on the major buildings like the Court House Square buildings, School, Cinema, etc. We need a modeler to model generic buildings like houses, gas stations restaurants, stores and abide by my approved layout of the city. I am working on a layout that will cater to our needs. while it would be nice, we can't realistically place the buildings at proper distances, like biff being 15 miles away from school etc.

I would be happy to work on basic buildings (between my own GTA PRJs, and after proving myself worth bothering with) for now I'd just, I'd like to see the layout, and have it open for discussion. Also its important for the models to be styalistically similar so it doesnt seem obviouis that multiple modelers have crafteted the city

I appricate there are realistic distance limitations, Im sure VC has the same distance limitation as SA

As I see it based on the movies it wouldnt be difficult to create an overall terrain area, depending on if its a closed area map or island, this project has been running for along time now i'd be surprised if there isnt a confirmed city layout yet, I know what 'I' would do, I'd just like to see whats planned.

Edited by ReeceMix

We aren't really fleshing out the map until the Court House Square is finished.

Well my first point was that the courthouse sqaure was wrong, and that was first designed 2007? I dont wanna seem like a douche, but it just seems to me that a kick in the pants and new blood might help. I only say that because I really want to see this project move along. I appricate we all have outside lives ( well I dont but you know what i mean) for now I will create a 'concept map' and submit it for consideration in a few months time. (and by 'consideration' I mean debate, there are too many BTTF fans to just have one guy decide the universe layout)

Edited by ReeceMix

Stating that you can model without any work shown and complaining about the current modelers doesn't seen like a good impression to me.

And I also don't see why anyone would cry over the buildings being made/looking like it was done by multiple modelers.

Stating that you can model without any work shown and complaining about the current modelers doesn't seen like a good impression to me.

And I also don't see why anyone would cry over the buildings being made/looking like it was done by multiple modelers.

Well you have a point there, but I think what he means to be consistent with the decorations, textures and models. I'm an overly active forger in Halo: Reach and sometimes whenever I make a map with a certain theme it seems it doesn't have the same overall design after forging on it for a while.

Here's something you can probably understand more: Picture an area with a city, then a farm in the middle of it, then a floating mountain over it, it doesn't seem like a smooth layout nor something logical (derp, Star Trek).

You get what I mean?

Edited by the1upDude

Have you seen the new Court House Square yet? it's much better and 100% perfect

No, havent seen any recent pix

Firstly Im not out to impress anyone or expand my ego by showing off and demanding I take over the entire project, should I decide to ask if I can help, I will show what I can do (or can not do) to project leaders.

Secondly why does everyone on the internet cast other people as trolls when they Dont act like mindless fanboys and have an honest constructive opinion, negatives can lead to positives, its how we grow. Saying everything is instantly awesome without question doesnt help anything.

the1upDude understood what I ment

..consistent..

Latest building pictures are here: http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/forum/inde...eq=sc&cat=3

Also, it's not just one person working on the layout, it's a team effort, and we all have to agree on the best way to have things mapped out.

Re someones other comment regarding multiple modelers, we have absolutely no problem with that, I do however think that when someone has started a particular area, they should be the ones to complete it - in this case, courthouse square will be modeled in it's entirety by Liam. That doesn't stop any other competent modellers working on other areas - Biff's neighbourhood, Lorraine’s, Georges, etc etc. I would say if someone does want to put their name forward to join the team, please look at the image gallery for the type of standard we are looking for. The quality of the models is one part, another part is the shading of the textures which needs to be done in order to display the models in there best light when used in VC.

Well my first point was that the courthouse sqaure was wrong...

Could you clarify what you mean by this. If you're referring to the courthouse in comparison to that google image then there's a couple of problems.

Firstly, that whole area is not solely the courthouse. Look again at the scene that you mention from BTTF2 and the duo pitched roof on your google map pic. That's a garage/service building, perhaps something to do with the Studebaker showroom across the street from it. There are other unseen building(s) on the right hand side of the courthouse area as well.

Secondly, referring to the google map pic and bearing in mind the first point, no matter what we see on screen, these are just sets, intended to give the appearance of an actual building. By following the google pic you would end up with a very thin building which doesn't look very practical or real. Sometimes a little artistic license is necessary.

Could you clarify what you mean by this. If you're referring to the courthouse in comparison to that google image then there's a couple of problems.

Your right there is a building behind the courthouse

vlcsnap2011082214h43m12.png

Personally I dont think this building would extend the entire width of the courthouse, it is a CourtHouse meaning theres a judges' podum at the back and a row of seats etc (eg: Lair Lair)

I didnt mean copy the Thin Set Building structures or rooftops

squarer.jpg

I know this is an early render but I'd really hate to see the finished product look like this as a square, artistic license is fine to plug missing gaps but re-interpreting what weve seen in the movies is not good. The non-slanted road was really noticeable in game, Personally I would use that google view to directly overlay and model the road structure and then from that get the actual 1:1 scale

As for the overall map, since the delorian flys, I would make the map area as large as possible and create a hardline sea wall, then plot where everything will be placed taking into consideration the direction they come from/go to in the movie.

Edited by ReeceMix

Discount the above pic, that's from the 0.2b-0.2e section, all of those particular map models were scrapped when Liam came on board to remodel the square. There is a reason I linked you to the 0.2f album and not the other one.

Cause you know, that s**t is serious

Oh I agree, the map models in the old album were some serious s**t alright :P

There is a reason I linked you to the 0.2f album and not the other one.

There are no pix of the square itself in the 0.2F album it was the most relevant pic I could find. More modding less minecraft.

oh sorry are amazing and completely accurate buildings not enough for you?

No, I wanted to see the square, also grow up.

Basically this:
plus the additional models you see in the gallery.

Thank you

Edited by ReeceMix

Sign in to follow this