:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
DMC88ELB

GTA: IV Time Travel

Hi all. As I recently pointed out, I have GTA: IV and the first thing I looked for was a BTTF mod. I found BTTF92's Time Travel mod (it's a beta- WIP) and downloaded it instantly.

I've installed the GTA IV script hook .net, (basically just placing the files in the GTA IV folder), the xliveless .asi loader (also placed the files), the Microsoft .NET Framework as well as the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable.

I have also placed the timetravel.net.dll into the scripts folder. I tried it out, and have no idea why it doesn't work! When I press F5, the Sentinel doesn't spawn.

Has anyone else here installed the mod? Does it work? I have no experience with modding GTA IV at all, so if I could get some help with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Agh, no! I shoulda changed the topic title. There's already a topic with the same name, and I don't want it to get mixed up. Please could an admin change the topic name? Or at least merge this post onto the old GTA: IV Time Travel topic? Very sorry about that! I created this topic on my phone. :(

Edited by DMC88ELB

I thought that it hasn't been released yet...where did you download it from? O.o

I think this is an update to the above one. It probably hasn't been released as yet. The above one is the initial release if I'm not mistaken. I still want it though! If you've played the missions in GTA IV you'll notice that in one of them, (I'm not sure which one it is) some guy comments on Niko's clothes, "What, are you from 1985?", and Niko replies, "Yeah, I am." :lol:

Edited by DMC88ELB

You need to make sure you set the administrator rights to the gta IV folder...I was having the same problem...so i just decided to set run as admin for everything in the GTA IV folder and lo and behold..it worked. have fun.

Tried it out, still doesn't work for me. Perhaps you have a different version than mine? I'm going to try this one out, and see how it goes:

EDIT:...Sorry guys. I shoulda mentioned I had a cracked .exe. That's probably why it doesn't work. I think the .asi loader is trying to detect game version, and since my GTA IV is cracked, it can't find the correct version. If there is a cracked LaunchGTAIV.exe (no cd needed), that .asi loaders would work with, it'd be perfect. But until I find one (probably not), I'll have to stick to normal GTA IV. :( Aha! Here's an idea. Would it be possible to stop the asi loader from detecting the game version, or is it essential for the mod to run? Again, any help will be appreciated. :)

Edited by DMC88ELB