Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
uokka

uokka's modified "BttF SA Mod"

@uokka

I have insert a new line where it says that Gta must show the Speed-o-Meter when you are in the SuperGT

This entry is in the upper zone!

Seems someone's doing his research well. Hoping to also study Blue's new code myself soon. :)

And thats pretty much it. I dont just see the hole picture.

Anybody who wants to use it, make sure you have latest cleo installed.

Check Audio related opcodes. (Audio files may also be missing)

Check global cleo vars.

BttF_DMC_Liftoff.cs will crash without BttF_Hover_Anim.s.

If any other ways of possible fixes come to my mind, I will post them.

I have seen in your videos that you have no Speed-o-Meter and i have edited a original script for this Display

[...]

Aha, I see, since its Bullet by default.

But I actually wanted to see the rest of the game, so i killed speed.cs.

Im using another speedo. Thanks anyway :)

Edited by uokka

Wow! The hover animation is so smooth! :o Hell, the flying is so smooth, it could be mistaken for an actual hovercar! Just add a Mr. Fusion lid and it's all set! I really hope you get permission to release it!

Now I've just realized, it IS a hover car. This one doesn't switch between vehicles. It's the same vehicle with folding wheels (something I once thought to be impossible with pure SCM code alone) and flight capabilities.

Yeah, all done with memory stuff which addresses only needed to be known of.

The X,Y,Z spinning code still needs a lot of work, as I never learned the 3D sine/cosine stuff. Aslo, some addresses might not be the best choice to change the behavior of hover controlling..

My progress on that part might be very slow. So, any mathematically skilled genius who has a better formula, is welcome to give it to me. :D

I hope you don't mind I bump your thread, Uokka. I just wanna know the coordinates you used to fix the coil glow of Tirido's De Lorean. :)

Added download link of all the stuff needed (exept the DeLorean model) to use my edits.

See first post.

Some more progress on handling sensitivity in hover mode (some movability features still missing and controling is difficult (but we dont want it too easy, do we..) Also key layout is strange - suggestions welcome).

Added a feature which makes the car avoiding ground contact to get a nice floating appearance.

Hover conversion animation now acting strange if hover conversion gets cancelled.. but more cars are supported now.

Feel free to suggest or criticize.

Happy flying!

Edited by uokka

You should post a vid of this with the TT del. I have still yet to try this but would like to. Been getting into modding Arkham City lately. I'm at some point going to attempt adjusting the uvw mapping on the tt del to see if we can't merge those 2 exterior textures to get that awesome ice effect.

Yep, a vid with your Del hovering.. :D Well, if you manage to get rid of this texture problem, I might do it.

I want a flying lawnmower now, thx tongue.gif

Youre welcome. I want a hovering board now :P

thats cool, downloaded.. no, its the faggio/vespa. unfortunately bikes are not controllable while falling/jumping like cars are so my hover code wouldn't work there.

thats cool, downloaded.. no, its the faggio/vespa. unfortunately bikes are not controllable while falling/jumping like cars are so my hover code wouldn't work there.

Maybe you should concentrate more on actually making it float on water (no thrust of course) instead of fly haha!

that might work. Then youre lost if you end up floating above water.. :)

downloaded your pack uokka haven't tested it yet but when i get time to ill let you know how it goes. ;)
Yeah go and test it. After that, tell me all the things you hate that I made. I've left some unfinished stuff in there which is easily fixable but the hover code needs more attention (even though I can spend hours flying around which doesn't help improving the code).

That's a shame that you used the BTTF 1 DeLorean ... I guess it was for the paintjob. You should try to find an other DeLorean ?

Yes I know but its the most detailed model we can get right now..

I have included source files of the scripts (..\CLEO\BttF_source_uokka\*.txt) so you can just edit these. Its much easier to edit and way better for your eyes than editing a decompiled script.

If you, for some reason, really want to edit a decompiled script, you can try setting IGNORE_UNKNOWN in 'Debug options' (right side of GTA launch icon). latest version of SannyBuilder should know all the new opcodes but maybe I used some crazy edited sanny config files (opcodes.txt & SASCM.ini). If thats the case you might have problems compiling it again.

Plus, you can use 'high level code' in the source file ..

IF
  0000: x
THEN
  0000: foo
ELSE
  0000: bar
END

but if you decompile a script, you'll only get 'low level code' ..

IF
0000: x
jump_if_false @BAR
0000: foo
jump @AFTERFOO

:BAR
0000: bar

:AFTERFOO

I've fixed the Dropbox link and screwed up the formatting.

Man, this forum software got super demanding and refuses to do what I tell it to. O.o

Anyway, have fun! (;

Uh, There's any way to change the Reverse Boost key? or they are attached with the Reverse Car Function?

I tried changing the "00E1:   player 0 pressed_key 14" to "0AB0:   key_pressed:49" and even "00E1:   player 0 pressed_key 18".

Every time i open the game after changing the value it crashes on the Loading Screen. Idk if you could help me, but i just wanted to know if they are attached.

Spoiler

19 hours ago, WackyDelorean said:

Uh, There's any way to change the Reverse Boost key? or they are attached with the Reverse Car Function?

I tried changing the "00E1:   player 0 pressed_key 14" to "0AB0:   key_pressed:49" and even "00E1:   player 0 pressed_key 18".

Every time i open the game after changing the value it crashes on the Loading Screen. Idk if you could help me, but i just wanted to know if they are attached.

Actually, i didn't know how Sanny Build worked. I just needed to Decompile the .CS file and Compile after editing the script