:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
delorean88us

55 73 65 72 6e 61 6d 65 3a 20 64 65 6c 6f 72 65 61 6e 38 38 75 73 20 50 61 73 73 77 6f 72 64 3a 20 67 6f 6c 64 69 65 77 69 6c 73 6f 6e

I have 1.1 and I'm using 'mta.bttfhv.com' but still I get connection timed out. :huh:

well it auto-updates anyway so its probably up to date. I just didn't take that into consideration.

Even so, it still doesn't work ;)

Well I've been playing it the last two days and there has been no bugger on! You're all boring!!

On a side note, I've noticed that you can't edit certain files like 'Carcols' and have the changes show up in game :(

I'm mean its client side, so Why can't I? <_<

Actually I thought all the data files are provided by the server?

Thats only partially true, you can still edit what car gets what colour. :(

All the colours are dull and boring even with ENB. I wan't Orange damnit! ;)

Edited by Orgcon

Right, the VCNMav has the sound ouf a heli when its replaced by the del and yet the PoliceMav has the sound of a car. :huh:

Has someone been trying to edit the sounds and failed miserably, or is it just my game? :mellow:

I fixed it although I don't know what sound would be best to replace the heli sound for the flying del, Its currently just the bullet throttle on/off sound but sounds very loud in comparison and loops too fast for a smooth sound. :(

The hunt continues...

Edited by Orgcon

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this working, and I'm saddened by it. :(

On Steam or just normally?

Download MTA 1.3: Client

Run the install .exe, follow instructions, locate the GTA SA dir. and allow updates to install.

(Requires a clean gta dir. although lite modding is aloud after installing)

Steam install location:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\GTA SA (if its not in there you need to update Steam)

Server address: mta.bttfhv.com

Edited by Orgcon

So the process goes

• Clean install of SA
  • MTA 1.3 (and locate the clean SA directory)
  • Install Steam
  • Install latest BTTF Mod version
  • ???
  • Profit
  • Epicness?

I don't think you need to install the mod, it downloads everything from the server

Ah ok then.

Can I use a No CD exe? Because apparently Virtual CD is a hoe.

Edited by hscitpe

To allow the server to broadcast its name but keep spammers out it now is pasword protected! The password is "marty".

The server has been updated!

Changes include:

BTTF HV script:

[*] wheel sparks now go when turning off TCs or after timetravel

Area 69 script:

[+] added keypads or keycard readers to the doors and bunker gate (jetshaft still to do)

[+] added RC vehciles like RC Tiger -> breach into the map room to get them! (weapons are still to do)

[*] rewrote code to close doors to not anymore exploit an MTA bug

[*] temporarily increased size of doormarkers to work around MTA bug 5513

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I was able to see, however, is that there aren't fire trails... But that's for another time, I guess.

Indeed. There's so much I still want to do!

I'm pretty sure it auto-updates minor revisions, but you have to get major versions from the website directly.

No, it is also able to update major versions if I remember correctly.

On a side note, I've noticed that you can't edit certain files like 'Carcols' and have the changes show up in game :(

I'm mean its client side, so Why can't I? <_<

MTA overwrites configuration files (weapon stats, vehicle handling, etc.) in memory once the game is started to prevent cheating.

I don't think you need to install the mod, it downloads everything from the server

To emphasize it even more: You MUST NOT install any other mod on the GTA:SA install apart from MTA. I only had done minor changes to the map (I removed some models temporarily) and the whole game crashed when joining a server! So do NOT install anything apart from MTA on the game.

I can't wait to get home and play now. Anyone going to be on in like an hour?

Edited by hscitpe

I've never played MTA before. Does it have to do that 14mb download every time I play? Or is it a one time thing?

No, those 14 MB are only downloaded the first time you connect to the server. However It will download a few kilobytes on each connection for map items, but that's a quick thing.

Nice updates! But Area 69 in 1955 is buggy; it loads the completely wrong model.

Also, Mr. Fusion's animation desync still isn't fixed.

I'd appreciate a screenshot; completely wrong model could mean anything to me :).

And I never claimed I already fixed Mr. Fusion's animation :P.

On the subject of models, whoever made/edited the Area 69 land mass for 1885, failed to illuminate the col mesh before exporting it to .dff. So now when you stand on it everything is in shadow! :lol:

I think PC would appreciate it if you told him how to do it :).

As requested a screenshot proving Area 69 in 1955 has the wrong model loaded.

1955.jpg

And for PC;

It all depends on how he exported them and what tool he used because I only know how to illuminate cols in Coll editor II which I got from GTAF;

go inside COL editor II, and

go inside 'Edit mode' at the bottom,

then select 'Face' tab,

and click off (untick) the "Ignore BackFacing" Option,

then scroll down till you see a stat line called "Brightness"

In 'Surface Settings'

there is a slider, slide it along the bar to define the brightness,

I wouldn't recommend you putting it to max

because if its too high, then CJ will be

illuminated all the time and it looks damn unrealistic at night,

try looking at stock SA Cols to get an idea.

Edited by Orgcon