:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
delorean88us

New "Back to the Future" DeLorean Time Machine - Progress/Discussion Topic

Hahaha :lol: ok cool guys! Once again, can't wait to see what this thing is going to look like when finished :D. Just the model alone is already godly, but I know how incredible this will look with all the completed textures to add the classic BTTF "wear and tear" look to the Del! BTW, is it possible for the inside of the wormhole emitter to light up with the headlights like it does in some of the movies' night scenes?

Edited by Torque5

The emitter only glowed with the coils.

It might only be possible to add a couple of extra glows, but I think we're already at the limit. Besides, you probably wouldn't notice it. Also, it's not possible to change textures in-game :(

I didn't use that picture because it isn't clean enough, the stickers aren't stickers and it has no raised surface for them (like this); so, I made my own. I might revisit that texture when I'm done with the others.

I merged your posts. Just edit the previous one or ask a moderator to bump a thread.

*snip* Gary uses a 16 segment LCD display when the film used 14 segments *snip*

The months's digits weren't really LCD, but gel screens with some backlight. 14-segment LEDs are better because they mantain the top and bottom lines as one segment, instead of the 2 in the case of the 16-segment, which makes them much more accurate, although with the middle line still as 2 segments. The time circuits in the movies show the "S", "E", "P" and "A" with the middle line as just one segment, but making a "G" (for the case of "AUG") would be impossible like that; so, to mantain consistency, 14-segment LEDs are the answer :D

Some characters as depicted in the movie are impossible to make with ANY LED, such as the "D":

TDU-BTTF1-DEC25.jpg

Picture by CJ Sidewall

Well , why do you want to find a new texture for the outatime license plate ? the texture in the 02.e was already perfect for me ... If you want , I can take a picture of my replica of the license plate for you...

Because I'm making my own work. I'm not recycling anything from MooDog/Yuriy/Tomcat/Silver. I'll revisit that texture later.

Thanks anyway, Micro :D

Ummmm I'm not sure how to do either of those things Carlos lol...I do know how to play Johnny B. Goode on guitar, if that helps situations :D! Is it necessary that I either bump the post or edit it, or can I just leave it seeing as I'm still an epic noob to forums

Hahaha no need for the abusive anime emoticon lol I figured it out...back to the topic at hand, though! This model is going to look SOOOOOO sick in SA and IV (especially when paired with those realistic ENB mods :D)!!!!!

Oh I didn't know that the old deloreans were made by many guys X-D Good luck for the textures and the interior ;)

I'm surprised you guys thought the month display was a real LCD screen. There's a obvious jump cut during doc smacking the time circuits. When they where displaying Jan and Nov. And in movie 1. When the circuits are off. The month is still clearly visible. When a real LCD display would show the three 888's.

I believe they used the same setup as they did in the other two movies (the one that Carlos and Archer mentioned), judging by this pic of the original screen-used time circuits from the destroyed rail car in BTTF3 (which I think was the actual "B" car from the movie): bob%20gale%2037.jpg

This pic here shows the same thing:

TDU-BTTF3-SEP02A.jpg

Also, I believe one of the interior shot cars that was used in the drive-in scene had the old setup, showing the month with two-digit numerals, like in the pic below:

BTTF3-MARTY1.jpg

Hope this helps, Leaf, :lol:

yeah it helped allot but i dot think that's just 2 digits , looks like a wire blocking it

Actually, I was in disbelief when I first saw this display, too, but there actually is a bit of proof showing the two-digit numerals in several shots like this:

BTTF2-DOC1.jpg

And this:

http://www.jayohrberg.com/resources/_wsb_5...+interior+7.jpg

The crazy thing is, there were a few interior changes that were done before production that they canned, for example, a three-digit in-car speedometer:

back-to-the-future-panini-sticker-album-number-50-preview.jpg

Crazy, right? That such tiny alterations to the interior of the car can mean so much to us BTTF-DMC fans hahaha :lol:

The "A" car's Time Circuits had the Destination Time and Last Time Departed colors reversed and 2 numeric LEDs for the months. "B" (Bob Gale's TCD) and "C" (Close-Up TCD) had the correct layout, but "C" suffered changes for the sequels. They never used alphanumeric LEDs for any of the DeLoreans.

Actually, I believe "A" wasn't used for Part III, except for inserts. All Part III cars (not counting "B") were not as detailed as "A", both in exterior and interior.

Oh, yeah. The digital speedo's third digit was covered with gaffer's tape for filming, but you can still see it working in the teaser trailer.

@Torque5 :

About your first picture :

This DeLorean was also used during the tunnel scene , when marty go out of the car on the hoverboard , we can see that the driver isn't Doc and that the time circuits colors were f*cked up , just after we could even see the wheels of the Flying Delorean under the car X-D Famous movies always have problems like that ...

@Carlos,

Thanks dude for specifying! And yeah the "fake LED" look for the months is very obvious in the "B" car TCD shot. I think it's such a shame that the entire "B" car got smashed :(.

@Microman,

LOL I never realized that the shots using the hovering Delorean in the awesome hoverboard sequence were EPIC fails hahaha. Oh well, to the untrained eye, the scene still looks pretty damn cool!

Because the scene IS pretty damn cool X-D This movie will be 23 years old soon ...

Wow, that's crazy...yeah it's hard to believe that so much time passed between when the first and second movies were made!

BTTF was released in July 1985 ( in France it was released the 23th October 1985 :P ) , BTTF II was released in 1989 and BTTF III in 1990 ( because BTTF II and BTTF III were supposed to be one movie called BTTF: Paradox )

Jeez, is there anything you guys DON'T know about BTTF? Lol :lol:

With the time, you dan learn a huge amount of useless things about a movie X-D And if you like this movie , in general , you will remember this little details X-)

"Uh yeah, Doc, I'll keep that in mind"

Amplifier.jpg