:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
delorean88us

New "Back to the Future" DeLorean Time Machine - Progress/Discussion Topic

Oh dude, I love this version of the DeLorean !!!!

Amazing work ! I hope to see this car on SA or IV one day ! It's already looking awesome on VC !

@DK & Mike, you guys are really something else. :)

Edited by Mr.Kocher

Is that grille thing on the front of the wormhole emitter in the movie? I don't recall ever seeing it...

Everything else looks awesome. Especially loving the gauge thrown in to the railroad version of the BTTF3 DeLorean.

You'll see that grill on the front of the emitter when the DeLorean's out of the van and in the ILM shots. It's not present in BTTFII, III and some shots in BTTFI; same case with the black-and-orange bulkhead hose; however, missing parts (not replaced or plot-missed) were considered production errors and were left there on the model as this is supposed to be a time machine, not just a mere movie prop.

Also, I have to add that the textured interior pictures have a bluish tint because, for some reason, the normals flipped while editing. They've been taken care of since.

Perfect except it looks like theres missing faces on the inside rim of the train wheels

gallery_13_45075.jpg

Hey, guys! remember me?, the guy that totaled his green DeLorean? I have news for you: The guy from J.F.K. Drive told me he finished early and sent me some pictures of how she turned out

med_gallery_13_32647.jpg

med_gallery_13_40115.jpg

And, of course, my first reaction is "OK, it looks good, but WHERE IS THE GODDAMN PAINT?!", and would you believe it, he told me he was just barely starting and in the same set of pictures, I find THIS!

med_gallery_13_44323.jpg

med_gallery_13_24246.jpg

med_gallery_13_4143.jpg

med_gallery_13_37994.jpg

med_gallery_13_7644.jpg

What's all of this stuff in my car... and why isn't it GREEN?... I even have more pictures from this same set from earlier stuff, I'll get them for you later. What's next, a portable nuclear reactor, for Christ' sake?!. Imma have a talk to the guy to see what the hell is going on here... and what did I spend my entire family fortune on...

Stick around for more in the future...

Back from... well, can't say really, but I'm back. It turns out Doc (the guy at the shop) is a scientist and he made my car FLY!

med_gallery_13_17687.jpg

med_gallery_13_1108.jpg

med_gallery_13_52347.jpg

It was great, until a sudden thunderstorm fried the flying thingies and some other techno stuff Doc told me. He had to change the wheels to work on them, but the ones he put in are... let's say... outdated...

med_gallery_13_89924.jpg

med_gallery_13_22736.jpg

Decided to take it back home while the wheels were fixed, but exagerated with the speed and I went back in ti-... Ehm, out of town. What I had to do to get back...

med_gallery_13_65263.jpg

After all this, I just wanted my car to work. Went back to Doc's who, fortunally, had my wheels ready, but after all the odyssey I went through, I deserved something better and, so, he did this:

med_gallery_13_62826.jpg

Let me say that, after all, his work didn't disappoint. I got more than I expected for the fortune I spent...

Perfect except it looks like theres missing faces on the inside rim of the train wheels

*snip*

VC automatically no-culls faces, so there's no point to add those if the engine mirrors it. Same with the seatbelt.

@delorean88us

Youre walking trough a lot of trouble for your car.. nice ride by the way.

PS: you should think about choosing another mechanic for your DeLorean. Dont hire old idiots who claim they could be doctors if they only would had wanted it more in the past..

Edited by uokka

Should have went to AngiesList. Nothing but bad reviews. Someone named "Lybnlife" said he screwed them out of some expensive s**t.

Notes on the page before this on the bttf3 whitewalls..... the hubcap in game is white and pushed in , whilst as in the movie it is spherical and aluminum/chrome/glossy

I believe it can't be seen properly cause of lighting. The same way you won't ever get reflections/stainless steel effects in Vice City.

Everything is perfect, it's a masterpiece X-D

I don't really like the Outatime license plate and the textures of the tailights but that's not a problem.

Great work!!