Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
delorean88us

New "Back to the Future" DeLorean Time Machine - Progress/Discussion Topic

ROFL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Want....models....so.....bad..................................................

GAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! GIMMEH GIMMEH GIMMEH THEM NAO!!!

Oops, went off the deep end for a moment there!

Excellent ! Nice work, I can't wait to see the interior and all the little parts at the rear of the car. Carlos is making an awesome work.

Wow ... The texture is perfect but maybe a little bit too "rusty" it looks like this :

04-military-style-photoshop-textures.jpg

Anyway, the three textures were ok ! Great job :P

Edited by Microman

The vent's are still being tweaked, we should be able to share the finished version with you this afternoon.

Those vents look like real steel! :o

The coil grid is invisible when viewing from the wrong angle.

Like where its curved to be connected to the bottom back of the car. There you can see through the backside of the coils.

Saving performance here? :P

Question:

Will you also add those fans inside the vents as the crysis DeLorean has, or has that been hatched out by Tirido (meaning: not movie accurate)?

Anyways, something to see inside would be cool.

Edited by uokka

The coil grid is invisible when viewing from the wrong angle.

Like where its curved to be connected to the bottom back of the car. There you can see through the backside of the coils.

Saving performance here? :P

VC has automatic no-cull for vehicles, so it renders both faces. Same with the seatbelt.

Question:

Will you also add those fans inside the vents as the crysis DeLorean has, or has that been hatched out by Tirido (meaning: not movie accurate)?

Anyways, something to see inside would be cool.

Sorry, no CO2 nozzles (nor neon tubes, for that matter). This is a time machine, not a movie prop.

OH...MY...GOD!!!! The finished models and tweaked textures look AMAZING!!! You guys are doing such a fantastic job with these cars, seriously...they're truly works of art that are going to look perfect in all three GTA games! Hell, I may just have to get a really good computer so I can use a graphics card and graphics mods that are actually worthy of this model! BRAVO!!! Also, is there a way to make the flux bands to look a little less transparent? The texture you have for them is amazing, don't get me wrong, I was just wondering because in certain shots it seems to be slightly more opaque from afar.

Edited by Torque5

Oh, right lol I forgot hahaha, and I've even played both mods before XD. I wasn't even thinking about that when I posted because of the sheer AWESOMENESS of the models!!! :D

OMG! These models look absolutely FABULOUS!!! :o

This....is......EPIC!!!!! :shocking:

I second that, Daniel!! Quick question, Del (or Mike, or whoever is in charge of textures), have you guys done a texture yet for the green tubes? If the one I'm seeing now is the final one, I'd have to say it needs to be a bit brighter, more like a very light olive green like in these two shots: ilm7-sm.jpg

amblin03.jpg

Also, the plutonium cap is more of a golden yellow and the rest of the reactor is more of a worn black like the vents (which, BTW are PERFECT :D), as seen in this picture:

ilm11-sm.jpg

But I'm just spouting off here with no knowledge of what you guys are working on or not lol...I know that you guys are working to make this thing super accurate, so I figured I'd throw in my two cents :D. Looking amazing, guys!

Edited by Torque5

I second that, Daniel!! Quick question, Del (or Mike, or whoever is in charge of textures), have you guys done a texture yet for the green tubes? If the one I'm seeing now is the final one, I'd have to say it needs to be a bit brighter, more like a very light olive green like in these two shots:

*snip*

*snip*

Also, the plutonium cap is more of a golden yellow and the rest of the reactor is more of a worn black like the vents (which, BTW are PERFECT :D), as seen in this picture:

*snip*

But I'm just spouting off here with no knowledge of what you guys are working on or not lol...I know that you guys are working to make this thing super accurate, so I figured I'd throw in my two cents :D. Looking amazing, guys!

I got to as close as the colors can be. Unfortunally, most of the surfaces' colors on the DeLorean depend on the lighting, so it'll look green in a scene and yellow-green in another. It's an issue most of the building community has, like with the flux emitters, amongst other parts.

Ah ok, then!!! AMAZING job, btw!!! I love how every screen accurate wire and tube are included on this model (and I also love how detailed the base car is to begin with)!!!

I think there's still a ways to go before that.

Yeah the vehicles are not the only thing that need a lot of work, I think ...