Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
delorean88us

New "Back to the Future" DeLorean Time Machine - Progress/Discussion Topic

A bumper update this week, enjoy.

Progress on the rear deck: (click for big versions)

med_gallery_13_114035.jpg

Reactor and its lid:

med_gallery_13_6230.jpg

Passenger side:

med_gallery_13_53656.jpg

Wormhole emitter:

gallery_13_15612.jpg

Crossover tube and gyro mount:

med_gallery_13_63931.jpg

Re-modeled coils and tweaked vents:

med_gallery_13_91209.jpg

First texture update towards BTTF:

med_gallery_13_33818.jpg

Question: I mentioned, when I was playing the 'old' bttf with the old delorean, that all of the 3 TT's have that ugly flat white part at the back. Any plannings on changing that into the stainless steel colour of the delorean? Would look way better and more accurate in my opinion.

It looks really cool and really high poly , :o Maybe because i'm used to see the 2e DeLorean ... o_o This model looks epic but I think that the OUTATIME license plate looks a little bit unrealistic if you want my opinion.

gallery_13_33818.jpg

back-to-the-future-outatime-licence-plate-replica.jpg

GREAT WORK , Carlos ! :D

Edited by Microman

Amazing work so far, Carlos! Keep it up! :)

I love it!

The issue with the plate texture is not so much the resolution of it, but more the fact that on the actual car's, parts of the license plate are obscured by the bezel that sit's over the top of it.

Check this pic to see what I mean - http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2424/394612...8912c55aa_b.jpg

And that's why the current version doesn't look right.

Would help if I knew which part you were talking about. A screenshot paints a thousand words :P

The DeLorean is coming along great, here's hoping that 0.2f is just around the corner!

This is there latest video and it says it's coming soon at 2:48, so it probably is.

Dude, that video was posted almost 2 years ago. :P

But in all seriousness, the only things that need to be finished are the DeLorean Time Machines and the rest of the 1955 square. After that, the team is gonna do some testing to work out bugs and other problems they come across and then release 0.2f.

Hey, if you nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all. ;)

ok, no I'm just joking, I bet they're like more that half way done with the square and deloreans.

Haha I wasn't trying to be mean, I'm just another fan here looking forward to 0.2f like everyone else. :D

Hey, if you nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all. ;)

:mellow: ahem...

How ironic to my post here being a grammar nazi (or whatever). lol j/k

Still alive, still waiting...

The new models are excellent as always. Would be nice to have more of hill valley to drive around rather than higher res models. Still your doing the work and im not so we just got to take what we can get. :)

The jobs aren't mutually exclusive so he could do buildings if he wanted to. Obviously he doesn't. But he does have the skills.

They are both area's of focus, and as such need a dedicated member assigned to them. For vehicles this is currently Carlos, for building's it's Liam. Carlos has a whole host of other vehicles on his list, which I am assuming he will want to do before attempting to tackle buildings.

You guy's have got the new BTTF LC mod that isn't made by us, if you want to have more buildings etc.

Carlos has a whole host of other vehicles on his list, which I am assuming he will want to do before attempting to tackle buildings.

Please tell me the Ford Probe Concept and Centauri's Star Car are on that list... :hands:

You guy's have got the new BTTF LC mod that isn't made by us, if you want to have more buildings etc.

Unfortunatly I don't own GTA 3 any more as the dics was damaged many years ago and it was extremely buggy at the time of release. And I do not wish to rebuy it as im struggling to cope with 2 jobs to pay the bills. Sorry Carlos for going off topic.

Considering the SA paintjobs, it would be very handy to have all outside surface textures in one file inside the .gxt. Will that be possible?

EDIT:

And what about optional vehicle parts? (like cargo in the trunk of riders car)

Besides the wheels, there could be all Time machine versions in only one model file.

edit:

If not only the Vent, but also the hubcaps of the Wheels could use the color table (carcols.dat), then you could use colors for the wheel glow (just like vent glow) while hovering, instead of using an extra model.

Edited by uokka