Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Your_Bitter_Enemy

Why Vice?

Hey, guys, thanks to 0.2e, it was my introduction into GTA. I never played it, but thanks to it, it made me want to play Vice City, and it was the first one I ever played. I loved it, and then I played GTA3, followed by San Andreas.

Now, at first I was extremely biased towards San Andreas; I think I tried it before and couldn't get into it at all, but after GTA3 (and like a year) I gave it another chance and grew to love it. Still not as fun as Vice City, but an excellent game none the less.

Well, it made me start to think... why didn't you guys use San Andreas for the full conversion?

Just look at it, it's California, it's huge, there's so many vehicle options to use, I mean, it really seems like it should have been the one for a full BTTF game. Seems like it would have been a lot less work too, probably more stable as well.

While, the only thing Vice has in regard for a full game would be the awesome radio stations (but I doubt those will even stay in the final product), so I'm just wondering.

I can't help but think it should have been the other way around. San Andreas with its deserts, railroads, etc, especially Las Ventures... it just screams Hill Valley to me.

So I thought I'd ask.

Um, because San Andreas wasn't out yet when they started the mod.

Ah. I didn't know they had been working on it for that long.

Even though Vice City does look better (models, effects, like the fire trails for example) I bet once we get the Hill Valley map in there, rather than Vice, it'll be looking just as good, if not better than San Andreas.

False.

http://goo.gl/AM2j6 shows the date of announcement as February 21, 2007.

San Andreas was released in June of 2005 for PC.

As for an answer to the question, I believe it is because the particle system in Vice is more flexible and easier to manipulate than the one in San Andreas. I don't know if this is correct, but I remember hearing this at one point from someone.

Edited by ELBdelorean

You're VERY stupid if you think that.

They chose vice city because most low-end PCs can handle it.

Edited by Flux Capacitor

yes but the vc project was started on 2005 and announced on 2007

Okay, so I was kinda wrong... but there were more mod tools made than SA at the time anyways...

I honestly think the shading system in san andreas is ugly, so I'm happy.

Cause Vice is awesome XD

It isn't awesome, it just sucks the least out of the 3

Lol

We're still sticking to Vice City because its '80s graphics or look that fit BTTF's theme, and it's more compatible with on low-ends. The team decided to also make a full version for San Andreas, anyway.

I honestly think the shading system in san andreas is ugly, so I'm happy.

SA's shading system works just fine. SA's graphics are made to fit with SA's original theme. If the team would want the graphics to fit BTTF's '80s / Sci-Fi themes, it will take a lot of graphical effort.

[...] The team decided to also make a full version for San Andreas, anyway.

[...]

:thumbs: , so there is still hope for me, since i bekieve VC is more ugly than SA.

That thread brings back memories. Mike asking what's a SDK is lol now.

:eyebrow: Re-read that topic, it wasn't me asking. I was pointing them at where to look for their answer, i.e. google :P

Thanks to 0.2e, it was my introduction into GTA. I never played it, but thanks to it, it made me want to play Vice City, and it was the first one I ever played. I loved it, and then I played GTA3, followed by San Andreas.

Now, at first I was extremely biased towards San Andreas; I think I tried it before and couldn't get into it at all, but after GTA3 (and like a year) I gave it another chance and grew to love it. Still not as fun as Vice City, but an excellent game none the less.

Im the same i would like to say a BIG thanks to the BTTF team for relighting my fire for gta. Love this mod and cant wait for the new GTA5 aka Vice city for those that dont know. I have a question if i may ask?

i have found various issues with both VC and Bttf Hillvalley 0.2e, one being that i believe the roads in "downtown" to not be big enough, amonst others wondered if this would be corrected in 0.2f?

Secondly i have found mods that changes the particles and i have changed the vehcile locations ad wondered if it was possible to create a small update or add on to change certain issues?

Thanks for the mod and wish you all the best with 0.2f!

I don't think it was confirmed that GTA5 will be vice city, I hope it is though :D

Anyways they have been asked thousands of times to fix it, they're not going to, you just have to download some addon's or peoples own fixes until 0.2f is out ;)

I don't think it was confirmed that GTA5 will be vice city, I hope it is though :D

it has been i will find it and add link.

now wish i knew how to upload photos?

2 buttons to the left of the face icon when replying is the link for photos location on the web, put the link of the photo in the screen that pops up and after it will display photo

You can upload photos at tinypic.com, photobucket is no longer working for others in some countries

Sign in to follow this