Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Sabudum

Seeing yourself in the past or future

Sorry guys, i know this has already been discussed thousands of times, but i have an idea that can be practical

Actually, it is possible to record the player´s actions and replay them, or else, we couldn´t save and load replays, HA! make a program that continuasly saves replays, with the date attached to them in some way, then another prgram, that loads the replays and make them happen "time-wise", that way you could see yourself doing crazy stuff and all. the problem would be to play replays from another person´s perspective, only the actors, cars, and the important data should be saved/loaded, this can be done, and should.

I believe your idea of replays it's impossible

even in SA

maybe I'm wrong xD

but what I'm sure for certain it's the fact that it's gonna be extremely buggy -_____________-

-Shizuma-

Actually, a memory hack written in C could do the job, but it´d be laggy, but at least it will add the feature to the game.

unfortunately no it wouldn't as the replays record what you previously did into a game cinematic sure all the models are there but it still uses the actor in the video as the current player setting the player to not be able to move in other words the events will continue and you cannot alter them

I'm actually working on this, adding another player model besides the one you control is a piece of cake, i've done it hundreds of times, and yes, you wouldn't be able to alter the events, but the coolness of this all is that you can actually see yourself in the past!

I would love to see that

now you could however code into the multiple tm's the ability of a "bad" civilian/criminal to start rampaging the city...

Hows the work on this?

Seeing yourself in the past is %100 imf***ingpossible. Case Dismissed!

But he said he done it hundreds of time with his magically scripts so I would love to see

I don´t remember who said that it would be impractical because it would be needed lots of variables and loops, causing a memory overload, well, that´s exactly what i´m doing, but, in order to prevent memory overload, i´m renewing the variables at each loop, i only store the players actions once, then delete everything out of memory and store them in an actual file, this every 5 minutes, so the file would weight only a few K´s and the actions would be stored. Uhm i´m releasing a few vids soon enough for you guys.

Awesome!

It better be good!

I didn't understand but sounds great :P

Edited by Carlos_McFly

it will cause the game engine to be overloaded with useless data in wich will cause instability for gameplay and stress to your pc hardware to deal with the data

Edited by MK3424

You're right there will be no vid, sorry, i stumbled upon a terrible truth, one can't make scm paths in vice city, i'm gonna have to find a new way to make the actor follow the stored coordinates and angles.

too bad we can't continuously save keys pressed on the keyboard until you time travel to the date in game the keys were entered, this would cause a ripple effect and you'd be able to re watch what you just did but as the same player XD

Sign in to follow this