Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
shmarty

My McFly House

Hey guys, i'm kind of new to the forum although I've been watching it for some time. Recently I got 3ds Max and have been playing about with it for a month or two.

Here's my first project, although i haven't got it in-game yet, hope you guys like!:

McFly-Rendered1.png

McFly-Rendered3.png

McFly-Rendered9.png

McFly-Rendered13.png

McFly-Rendered14.png

McFly-Rendered16.png

McFly-Rendered18.png

McFly-Rendered19.png

thats actually very detailed, atleast someone can show progress on their own work.

Excellent!! :D

Thanks guys, it's about 3,500 Polys atm and I'd probably add more detail to it (e.g shrubs, flowers, trash cans, and of course the pylons at the back) if I could get this basic model into the game.

I've been having trouble with the textures but can't seem to figure it out atm, looks like a scaling issue or something...

problem2.png

problem.png

Wow!

I have to say that is a very impressive model, your skills in my opinion are definatly mod team worthy!

I'm sure they would at least consider you for the mod team, and if they don't, well, Jen, Ziero and I, are looking for a modeler for our Back To The Future: Liberty City Mod (BTTF mod for GTA III) and personally I think it would be an honour to have you on our team :thumbs:

Keep up the great work, can't wait to see more models! :lol:

i would like to see you model a rose if that would not be much trouble

That's very good, well done.

And what a breath of fresh air to have someone post some progress of their own work that it is of a good quality, and not even make mention of wanting to join the team.

It's a good advert for yourself, keep up the good work! I would love to see the model in game, perhaps DK will give you some pointers on how to do this, and with fixing your texturing issues.

Excellent way better than Telltale's version and of course it would be "tell" was going for the cartoon look and your going for the real thing ;)

Whoa!!!! :woot_jump::o

Looks sooooooo accurate!

This would look spectacular in the mod! How many polys?

Excellent work, shmarty! :D Good work paying attention to the details. :) This would look awesome in the mod! Maybe you'll even be part of the team. ;)

Nice to see you post it here! Sorry i couldn't be of much help some weeks back. Did you try converting it to editable mesh before you export it, or have you yet to even export it?

Thanks so much guys! Not sure if i'd be up for a full time position on any modding group for a while. But if I truly can't get the house in-game then I'd be happy for someone else to take the model and used-textures.

In hindsight I should have started with a smaller project (i.e. Lyon Estates signs) as I wouldn't feel so bad if I failed to import what would have been an afternoons worth of work. :D

@DK: Thanks for the tip, I'll see if it works and get a screenshot.

@Trancelikestate: No worries buddy, I converted it and exported it but it looks off in Med.

Update- Finally managed to sort out the textures! (Turns out I didn't use UVW Mapping properly) :P

Still have a glitch with the front steps (I think it's a .txd file issue), but at least most of the house is looking ok.

Also the model looks a little squashed so I'll have to rescale at some point.

Can't get any in-game pics yet as SA keeps crashing (not sure why atm), but here's some from Med.

in-game1.png

in-game2.png

Sign in to follow this