Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Kocher

My 3D Models(for practice)

Hello every one, I never was aware that my pc could handle or run 3ds max, but it was actually able to. I started looking up tutorials and learned to model a bit in 3ds, I'm still learning though. This is my actuall first real model and not made in sketch up but 3ds.

FirstModel.jpg

It's nothing really special but I hope you guys like. I never thought I'd actually start modeling, but I still have a lot to learn.

Search for lynda.com 3ds max tutorials they are really well done and easy to follow and The 3ds max6 tutorials are still applicable to later versions.

Thanks for the info Reece.

Here is my second model.

SecondModel.jpg

again, nothing special, just practice. I'm gonna learn to add real textures later.

Update:

ThirdModel.jpg

My third model, another practice model, I actually like this one.

Another lie,

i told you, my pc can't run modeling design programs

>_>

Anyways why are you using 3ds 9

And i know why you posted this

I like the house though :P

Edited by TheCoolest2

What I said that you called a lie was back when I wasn't sure it could run 3ds max.

I didn't think it could run 3ds max because for some reason my pc can't display textures on moo mapper so I was sure it couldn't do 3ds max since it seemed like a huge program. I used 3ds max 9 to stay safe, because I wasn't sure if my pc could support newer versions.

Before:

SecondModel.jpg

After:

2ndmodelfinished.jpg

The house is now finished, i just learned how to texture.

This is actually real work with real efforts this is still in progress of chourse. This is now my fourth model and first try on this building. Coming soon to be finished.

4rthmodelwip.jpg

Thanks guys, expect to see more pics soon, and I must say this is definetly way better than the 2e ct, if I do say so myself.

Oh, hey, you got my attention to even give a reply.

Your "clocktower" is not better than the 0.2e one. Maybe it's slightly more textured than the 0.2e one, but at least that one has the proportions right and is way more detailed.

Obviously, yours is also missing windows and the backside, so I don't really understand how did you make that statement. Or maybe you have a corrupted version of the clocktower in 0.2e... Either way, looks a bit small to me. The side wings should be wider and the whole building a bit higher. Oh! Columns!

Didn't I say this was WIP? The erors in that pic are being fixed. Total work time: 2 and a half hours.

4thmodelwip2.jpg

Great, you're off to a good start. Great thing that you're beginning to use professional tools from the start, so you can get to know them better. I haven't even started to use the full features of the program.

Now, with the model itself: When you're trying to mimic a model that exist in real life, there's one thing that -sorry for the clichè- makes a difference: Proportions, everything has to be on a certain scale in comparison with another part of the model itself. That's why, before starting with a model, I recolect the biggest amount of pics I can find, from different angle, to see everything in a different perspective. That being said, you should lower the height of the upper part and, of course, rescale the clock. Scaling applies to textures too, because bricks can't be as long as half a window.

Also, remember key details when making the model; specially if they're going to be used (or, in the case of the movie, are used for the plot). For example:

- Doc has to grab the clock to hold himself, so the clock needs an outer border (and preferably modeled hands).

- Doc has to walk on the upper part, so there must be a ledge, but small enough to look dangerous.

- There has to be a pair of gargoyles for Doc to hang on and to have obstacles before reaching the cable (good luck with those :P)

- Doc came from a door, so that door must be there.

For references, you can use the model of a person to know if your measurements are correct.

As for texturing: Remember surfaces have different texture and react to light. You can use normals and Photoshop to get the feel you want.

Happy modeling and hope it helps :D

Thank you so much for interpreting the work that I've done and seeing what advice can still be given. Thanks again Carlos I really appreciate the effort to help me so thank you so much.

Alright, I may need to add a few more tweaks, but for now my Clock Tower is finished. I'm extremely proud of how it came out, especially because it was on my first try and i can't ask for a better Clock Tower in that case. This is by far the best model I've ever made. Now rg, this clock tower is definetly way, way, way, better than the former 2e clock tower. So i have the main detail finished.

Here is a front view:

4thmodelfinshed2.jpg

Here is an angle view:

4thmodelFinished.jpg

Total work time on this model: Aproximatly 6 and a half hours.

EDIT: Crap I didn't realize my gargoyals were facing the wrong way, I'll fix that later. Please excuse that mistake atm.

Great first attempt. I haven't tried making a model of the clock tower and prob won't with all the million other peoples. Keep going though those tutorials, I didnt n got distracted by... ...ow orieos yumyumyum

Ok so here is my first success on importing models along with cols, now I feel like I can do much more. I'm proud to have learned the skills.

Many credits go to Dragon King for him being my mentor.

Success2.jpg

Success1.jpg

sure jen I'll give it a shot, but I'm in the middle of a personal project, then after that I will proceed to make the 0.2e court house square add ons, since now i have the skill to make what ever I want at will, nothing can hold me back, I have to admit my models probably wont be as good as chicos, but I'll ask him if he'd like to proceed the era add on with me. A rose shouldn't be too hard though.

btw chico if you read above I hope you'll be with me on this project, but now I have a method to make perfect cols, so together Chico nothing will beat us. We'll be the third ultimate team on the forums. So what do you say?

well i really don't care who makes it as long as it looks good and the one that can make the best rose will get to tackle a much harder task afterwords

Sign in to follow this