Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Merging the BTTF Trilogy

I've been working on a project for the past week. I'm working on taking the titles and end credits out of BTTF parts II and III, and the end credits from part 1, and merging all 3 films into one 5 hour long film.

Using Sony Vegas 10

Cuts:

In part 1: Biff gives Marty his keys, and Marty says, "Keys?", then cut to bttf2 opening scene. Scene goes til biff says, "What the hell is going on here?" then fade into 2015, and DeLorean reappears.

My Part 1 to 2 transition: (Sorry for lag, test vid was done in Windows Movie Maker)

http://www.mediafire.com/?urfma0rkj6d1ahi

Part 3: I've cut it in a few places. It ends with part 2, after doc faints, Marty says, "Doc!", and it fades out, then back into Doc's mansion briefly, then back out, then it fades back into Howdy Doody on the TV.

Edited by Daniel

ive attempted this once, its a big job, and its gonna be a b**ch to render, its gonna take so long, but good luck to you! :P

Thanks. I can't wait for you guys to see the end credits of the entire thing! Ending Credits will be custom made.

too bad because of copyright you can't upload the 5 hour film for download

yeah, i know. I was going to upload the custom end credits as a separate file. The Scrolling section of the Credits won't be EXACTLY as the same as the movies, but fairly close.

Edited by Daniel

I've done it, with the Blu-Ray rips no doubt. It's a pain in the balls, but worth it if you REALLY want to watch all three.

i would like to see that :D

Got the text scrolling working, working on the vertical scrolling section of the credits.

The end credits will feature 2 songs (in this order).

1. The Power of Love

2. Back to the Future Theme

The end credits will be uploaded to my youtube when finished.

Edited by Daniel

I just felt that The Power of Love got no love for an end credits sequence. and You can't not put the BTTF theme in the credits.

If the credits are long enough for 3 songs, we'll see.

It would be nice if you merge it in a way that it won't look like 3 movies merged at all but 1 huge/5-hour long movie. E.G. The ending scenes of BTTF1 and BTTF2 are replaced with that of the beginning scenes of the following movie, and then if possible the title/intro scenes are removed.

I've always wanted to do this, but lately my external HDD's a b*tch when it comes to files of 4 GB or bigger. I'm glad I have backed-up the trilogy, though. The original CDs were badly scratched.

It would be nice if you merge it in a way that it won't look like 3 movies merged at all but 1 huge/5-hour long movie. E.G. The ending scenes of BTTF1 and BTTF2 are replaced with that of the beginning scenes of the following movie, and then if possible the title/intro scenes are removed.

That's what I WAS doing! Lol sorry.

I've always wanted to do this, but lately my external HDD's a b*tch when it comes to files of 4 GB or bigger. I'm glad I have backed-up the trilogy, though. The original CDs were badly scratched.

You have to reformat the external to NTFS. Fat32 can't transfer a single file bigger than 4GB.

i think i will do it to with vegas pro 9

bad bad bad bad idea..... i was converting a 4 hour tv show last night cut the beginnings and ends off and it came out to 1.2tb

HOLY S***! What format did you use?!?!

Knowing the specs of his machine.. and using some logic.. that is meant to be GB

Why are you guys not setting the export options. You need to compress things. Don't make things raw uncompressed.

Knowing the specs of his machine.. and using some logic.. that is meant to be GB

ok lets try this again... 1.2 terabytes.... and it was 720p video :P

Speaking of which, I am planning to buy Blu-Rays of the trilogy this weak. Just had the cash and player for it. Can't wait.

You have to reformat the external to NTFS. Fat32 can't transfer a single file bigger than 4GB.

I know. As a matter of fact, I rarely use FAT32. The "4GB" thing is just an approximate. What I was saying is that when processing files for long like storing large files, my hard drive begin to screw up like slowing down or something. Obviously damaged, most likely from my brother dropping the poor drive several times in a row. <_<

Well anyway, it's no longer readable and I already have a replacement drive for it (which is thrice larger, about 1TB). I still need to fix the HDD up though. I NEED those files.

Update: Will soon be finished the credits. Working on the cast now. Then Music, then it will be done.

Not every little thing from each of the 3 movie credits was transferred. Most of it was though. It's enough to fit about 6-7 minutes of end credits music.

Sign in to follow this