Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Jay

help...!

Im trying to make a map for san andreas but I've run into a problem....I've added a bridge, the first half of the bridge shows up correctly but the second half.....first it shows up normal like this:

1.jpg

but a few steps forward it...disappears.....:

2.jpg

If I stay at that spot but look to the side it reappears:

3.jpg

This is really getting me crazy u_u'

Can anyone help?

You really need to learn more about gta mapping first. It disappears because it has no LOD. Look them up.

If it was the LOD the same would happen to the first half of the bridge...and it doesn't

besides....it's disappears only when i get closer and looking forward

I've done a lot of maps in vice city and no LODs were used. My question here is, if the bridge reaches the boundaries of the map, and if that's the case, maybe that would explain this. I already tried to increase the streaming memory but it still happens...

Edited by Jay

3 things:

pivot on model isn't centered to the bridge

pivot on collision of said model isn't centered to the exact position of the model.

View distance sucks

I'm almost sure it's not a model thing, because I just switched the first half model(wich was good) with the second half, and now the "bad" model is good and the "good" one is wrong. So I really think I reached the map boundaries....and I don't know how to expand them

Edited by Jay

It's definitly NOT the models.

1-They're stock san andreas models, so it isn't suposed to be anything wrong with them

2-I moved them closer to the map and now the model disappears almost at the end of the bridge, so the spot where it disappears depends on the position of the model itself

3-If I move them to the center of the map, they don't disappear at all...

So like I said, the problem must be the limit or the boundaries of the san andreas map. Now my question is, is there any way I could expand the limit of the map so that the models don't disappear after that "line"? I really didn't want to use the San andreas map cleaner....

Sign in to follow this