:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
TranceLikeState

Tell Tale BTTF Models In VC/SA

I have a zmod file of it with most of the necessary parts separated and I was just going to use the same col or modify it slightly. It just needs to be linked and have the materials set.

Okay, sounds good! :)

Were you been possibly thinking of releasing it? :lol:

If you mean the car if I manage to convert it, yes. But not the save file.

Also having gone back through the original coil glow topic, I see Blue used vertex colors on the mesh which attaches to the coils during the glow. I hadn't read the topic in a long time and I didn't see any on the default model so I didn't bother (they do not reimport so I never saw them). But since they were there I added them and updated the download link for the coil edits. Sorry bout that. Looks better though, much brighter.

Before vertex color on coil glow mesh:

gta_sa2012-10-2320-55-40-53.jpg

After:

gta_sa2012-11-0314-20-01-78.jpg

Wow, nice work on the coils! :D

Just wondering, did you have to put the coordinates in one by one? :o

------

Going back to the GTA IV part of this...

By not saving it, do you mean that you are unable to save it as a .wft? If so, I can save it for you. :P

Yes, loaded each coord as a dummy on the car in max.

What do you mean? With all due respect if I can't figure out what settings need to be applied before export I doubt you will.

I believe the same thing, as you are at least 100 times more experienced than I am when it comes to this type of stuff.

However, what do you mean by "settings"?

Are you referring to the part names within the model (such as "bonnet", "wheelmesh_lf", etc), or are you referring to the actual export settings that are used upon converting the model to .wft format?

The material settings. I've pretty much got everything else. But going from max to zmod is like going from college to kindergarten.

Been trying my hand at improving f/x today starting with a functioning (to a point) flux capacitor. I'm no coder just a mapper mostly but what I have done is create a map object with alphas, vertex colors and an animated uv texture to achieve the look I wanted. It looks a lot like a particle or light, but is visible through both the windshield and glass mesh of the capacitor box. With the help of a coder to attach this object to the car and kill it during time travel we might actually have a capacitor that is animated even if it doesn't light up super bright during temporal displacement.

gta_sa2012-11-1213-55-27-57.gif

And this is just with the car pulled up perfectly to the object for an idea.

gta_sa2012-11-1215-09-09-65.gif

What are the coordinates on the model at the center of the Flux Capacitor?

It's all 0. Even rotation. For this models coordinates offset from the center of the vehicle. It's pivot is already perfectly center to the cars.

ID #18658 Model and texture name: flux

Edited by TranceLikeState

I can take a crack at it. Send me the model and the information and stuff.

Well, you should be able to do it simply with the info I sent I think. Or even a template code I could modify. Not that I won't send it to you, if it works I will. And even if you can't I'm sure uokka or someone could and I'd post it to gtagarage strait away. I do plan on doing the status indicator as well. I could prob do the same way.

Awesome work!

Thanks guys. Here is my first attempt at the status indicator also. I was having a hard time getting the textures lined up right thats why the colors are all bright but the red at the top. I'll perfect it tomorrow but right now I'm beat. Hopefully someone can help me attach these baby's?

gta_sa2012-11-1304-38-14-93.gif

Thanks guys. Here is my first attempt at the status indicator also. I was having a hard time getting the textures lined up right thats why the colors are all bright but the red at the top. I'll perfect it tomorrow but right now I'm beat. Hopefully someone can help me attach these baby's?

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h422/t...04-38-14-93.gif

WOW! :D

Nice work!

Thanks. This is my final, and I mean final version haha. Turned out pretty good after a struggle. The animation could be slightly smoother if I had matched all the moves and mirror them to each other but you also need a certain number of frames and to calculate all of that was more than I was in for. But it's ok, once attached inside the car, it'll look bomb next to the capacitor.

gta_sa2012-11-1316-58-26-17.gif

And this is what they will look like inside the car together. (not perfectly placed of course).

gta_sa2012-11-1318-37-39-47.gif

That looks sweeeeeeeeeeet. But wouldn't it make more sense to have them both on when the Time Circuits are on, not just during Temporal Displacement? During time travel the Flux lights completely up and the SID is usually showing all red.

Thanks. I agree if it doesn't sound conceded. They turned out better than I expected.

Yeah. Well, Pick and choose why doncha. :P It's all up to the person who codes it I guess. Though are those components only active when the TC's are on? I seem to remember when Marty first takes 55 doc to the del he shows him the capacitor and it's active when he turns on the flashlight. It's been awhile though.

It's really hard to use the movies as a reference for the effects. The movies are pretty inconsistent. Can you do another one where the Flux is lit up and the SID is full red?

Yes, I think I could. I could def do the full red but I'd have to create a new animation too for the spiking look on the SID. The flux would be a little harder without a light but if I i doubled (or more) the meshes up it might work.

If you made them four different models, one set pre, and one set during time travel, it shouldn't be too hard to code a model swap.

Indeed. ;) I suppose for now I'll stick to the idle versions until I get them working. I still can't chase out the bug with the time changing scm. :P

No. He's not sure what it is either. It has something to do with instant and cutscene TT and multiple time machines. It affects the scm for some reason. It's weird. Cleo affecting the SCM.