Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TWG

The Hoverboard/Skateboard

I thought like, one of the main points of .2 would be to perfect the vehicles to the best way possible. Now, I know the Del and the Train have been showcased, as well as mostly all of the cars from all of the eras as well, time circuits have been number programmed which is AWESOME...however, I was wondering if the hoverboard has been forgotten...seeing as we're still riding it like a scooter and it doesn't have hovering sounds. =/ Plus like...we haven't seen anything about it since .2d (c?) development and how it can skitch the back of cars. >_>

Any hope for the hoverboard, guys?

Edited by TWG

sounds are different i think... they haven't done any rigging because they don't know how :P the attaching to cars was an easy fun code , they haven't forgotten ... there's just nothing they cn or need to do

You've been told time and time again, everything from the 1985 era comes first!!! 2015 era wont be done for long time yet. ;)

You've been told time and time again, everything from the 1985 era comes first!!! 2015 era wont be done for long time yet. ;)

Actually, 1955 is supposed to come first, and that's happening in .3

.2 is about fixing the bugs and making the vehicles in the best way possible...I was doing a search for the Mod Progression topic, but search rages when you use the word "mod" because it's under 4 characters. >_>

So it needs to be sorted one way or other because in 1955 Marty uses the skateboard. Same model and animation just different textures. But chances are the mod team would of already thought of this so the topic is technically a waste of time.

That's not the point I'm making here.

Nowhere in any type of preview of new stuff for .2f (supposedly the last in the .2 series) has the hoverboard been shown at all, meaning it's supremely under wraps, or there's been no updates on it.

when it comes to the hover board three things need to and can be done.

#1: I honestly think the hover board in the mod doesn't go high enough it looks like it's half an inch off the ground which is way too little.

#2: The position of Marty(Tommy) needs to be changed when on the hover/skate board.

#3: Hover boards need to float on water, at least when riding them. Believe me, this is also possible.

Edited by Mr.Kocher

1. easy just modify the 2015 cars list adding the hoverboard (note) you will need to change the buttons as it conflicts with grabbing to vehicles

2. unfortunately the player will be either too high on the board and look like he is floating or his feet will be inside the board

3. unless you plan on making a colision file that covers the ocean, no its not possible as these are bikes not cars.

Edited by Rave

#1:solved

#2: I have a mod that makes the player stand up right, like you said the feet still go through, but it looks a hell of a lot better.

#3: There can be a bulls**t scientific explanation to cover up that flaw, like the oceans gets so deep your away from the earths gravitational field, hens you sink. or something like that.

3. unless you plan on making a colision file that covers the ocean, no its not possible as these are bikes not cars.

again, because there's nothing they can or need to do at this time.

So it needs to be sorted one way or other because in 1955 Marty uses the skateboard. Same model and animation just different textures.

.3 is after .2f.

.3 is 1955 buildings and missions and stuff.

Case=rested.

Hoverboards don't work on water anyway, unless you've got power, lol.

Jen made a standing mod once...

gta-vc2010-01-3007-49-20-10.jpg

@Mike, well I mean, if you're changing things and stuff, then thaaat I did not know about. >_>

i had improved it once as well with tricks that were scm based to activate external anims however the data was lost and i haven't touched it since...

edit: thank you for the picture ziero as this demonstrates what i mean when the feet go through or above the board.

Edited by Rave

Sign in to follow this