Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTF Forever

Some Small Coding Stuff

Hi all, iv'e been doing a bit of coding lately, the codes have turned out great but im having a few problems with fading and dissolving and of sorts, also i have run out of ideas, i want to add onto what i have here. EVERYTHING in this video is main.scm coded, there was no editing of the sound or picture.

Edited by BTTF Forever

I think you are doing well. I would offer help, but I haven't coded in ages, plus I haven't ever attempted cutscene coding. Keep up the good work, and we'll be coding together again one day, as soon as I have a suitable modding PC.

glad to hear (or......see) your voice again Ziero, and hopefully we will be coding again someday, im gonna start trying out a few more ideas on how to get black screens, i will probably upload a vid with progress, see ya soon

PS: something i wanted to know, ive looked in the original VC scm to try and find the camera movements to the Intro, you know where there talking about tommy vercetti, because the camera movements in that are really elaborate, like zooming in and stuff like that, i wanna find out whether those movements are in the scm, or in the IFP file, cause ive searched the scm with no luck, and when i open the IFP file, there is no option to apply camera animation, and ive searched google with no luck either, so if anyone has any links to some info pages explaining more in detail about how GTA VC Cutscene Cameras and Animations work, it would be much appreciated.

thanks again

EDIT: I think i figured it out, the Model Animation Information is stored in the IFP file (int_a.ifp) and the Camera Movement Animation Information is stored in the DAT file (int_a.dat) at least i think so...

EDIT2: turns out i was right about the data file

The DAT-File

The dat-file contains information about the camera movements during the cutscene.

that was from GTAModding.com

Edited by BTTF Forever

Ok, now im having some different fading problems, ive got it to fade to the splash screen from the gameplay, but now it wont fade back to the gameplay, it just stays on the splash screen, plz hlp

Edited by BTTF Forever

Makes me want to teach you my techniques your doing great.

edit: try setting the fade level to 0

Edited by Rave

its ok now Jen, I DID IT!

ill upload a video asap to show the new opening version, there were a lot of things i had to do to get it to work, like DELETE THE ENTIRE TUTORIAL, and place some starting stuff, but it does work, ill also post the code to show you guys.

:thumbup: Good job BTTF Forever! It's almost like you're following in my footsteps, with your own uniqueness mixed in. I like it. Looking forward to your next achievement. Keep it up. TTYL

shhh don't listen to dk he's just cranky XD its not like they have a copyright ^_^

edit: and your doing wonderful Ziero and I are very proud of you.

mostly me because your writing clean code :P

Edited by Rave

We don't want people getting the wrong idea of us supporting this or have a part in it. Which we don't.

Or you could add a disclaimer saying we have no affiliation :P

Nice work.

Re DK's comments, the only reason we ask that is so Universal don't come knocking on the door with a cease and desist, especially since your intro uses music from the movie. If it wasn't for the worry of that then you could keep those lines of text in.

if you can get a confirmation letter from Alan then universal can't do anything...

*facepalm*

@BTTF Forever: Looks great!

Edited by Carlos_McFly

yeah, for the loading screen, i downloaded this ASI i got on the internet which alows you to see where the game freezes when loading something, so you know whats freezing when you load a new game, it really helps a lot when debugging NEW versions of stuff. :whistling:

Edited by BTTF Forever

yeah the file is called vcloadingscreen.asi you can find it with a little searching on google

Sign in to follow this