:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
caio492

88 more difficult

Hi!

It's possible to make a litle more difficult to all Deloreans to reach 88mph?

I think that's Delorean is too fast to reach 88mph (In the movie requires a lot of space to reach 88mph ,and in the mod not!)

(And e have seen the bttf trilogy many times , and i see that a lot of times the flux dispersal begin when the Delorean reach 88mph) It's possible to make this in the mod?

thanks sorry for the bad english!

I can only really think of the first time travel experiment scene where the sequence took place at 88, but that was more for artistic effect than anything.

You can't really count the clocktower scene as the plutonium chamber was empty.

The Part II TT scenes were mostly instant.

The Part III TT scenes were both mixed, the first starting around 60mph, the second starting around 84mph.

The effects are all over the place.

Probably the speed of the thrusters for Part 2(got to 88 in like 3 seconds). In Part 3 Doc had to heat up the Vacuum tubes before Marty could time travel and the RR Delorean wasn't moving under it's own power and the effects started as soon as the doors closed.

A huge consistency is both effects started before 88 while the BTTF 1 + 2 started @88.

But still I had this argument with Blue before. Didn't work out

Copy the handling line from the sabre then if you want it slower. Just don't expect the BTTF III DeLorean to drive on sand if you use it.

But I think the delorean to be a litle more slower on 0.2f (please tell me that you are still making 0.2f).

Or make the delorean slower when he reach 80mph! this will make more dificult

this is my request

Edited by caio492

But I think the delorean to be a litle more slower on 0.2f (please tell me that you are still making 0.2f).

Or make the delorean slower when he reach 80mph! this will make more dificult

this is my request

I remember doing this for myself a while ago. I think yes and no to this.

Yes, because of how much more fun when running away from cops and to the movie.

No, because of the BTTF3 DeLorean on sand and to The Ride Mission.

Do it yourself since none of the team are going to put it in the game.

End of discussion.

Probably the speed of the thrusters for Part 2(got to 88 in like 3 seconds). In Part 3 Doc had to heat up the Vacuum tubes before Marty could time travel and the RR Delorean wasn't moving under it's own power and the effects started as soon as the doors closed.

A huge consistency is both effects started before 88 while the BTTF 1 + 2 started @88.

But still I had this argument with Blue before. Didn't work out

Yes we did and I did point out a few places where the effects started before 88 in both 1 and 2 where you hear the sounds kick in before 88.

But anyway, its just pointless banter and I'd rather use the time on other stuff rather than something thats inconsistent. Just pick one to go by.

I like it the way it is. When the SA source was released with the handling tweaks a month or so ago the deloreon was painfully slow. Please don't slow it down.

I was gonna say that

It would be nice for the bttf 1 delorean to start effects at 88pmh like Flux's code, but you see the wormhole get bigger, his just appears, but will take coding space i guess so no

I thought the only reason you guys made it faster was for The Ride since you had to keep up with Biff.

I'm' really want to all deloreans to be slowed down but a little bit but not too much ....

And I have another request, its possible to add more delorean sounds? , for exemple when its acelerating?

sorry bad english!!!

Edited by caio492

I have the solution, a simple ILLUSION!

how about you DON'T change the SPEED, you change the SPEED MULTIPLIER for the Deloreans SPEEDO, so really when it says 88, you've actually just hit 80 and the effects start.

"but then you'll see the speedo go 88, 89, 90,.......96 then it time travels, right?" WRONG!

just add in a bit of code that says to stop the speedo going any higher than 88 (for the delorean's only of course), cause thats what happens in the movies anyway right??? the deloreans speedo NEVER goes over 88. SO you should add it cause it IS CANNON

SPEEDO

0>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>88EEEEEEEEEEEE88

REAL SPEED

0>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>80EEEEEEEEEEEE88

---------------------------Cars Speed-------------------------

(> = Acceleration)

(E = TT Effects)

see, the cars speed still stays the same in both cases, just the speedo says differently

Plus, you should be able to customise this for each time machine version, im sure it would not take up too much coding space, heck id make this as an addon for 0.2e myself, but i dont know how the speedos codes work.

AND obviously adding the illusion of hitting 88 when youve actually hit 80 will make it seem a bit quicker, so just slow down the actual car speed a tad till it seems suitable, theres your solution...

Edited by BTTF Forever

That sounds good

I like that idea!!!

I don't see how that improves things. You'll run into people going 87 88! *hits wall* what th- *boom* I WAS AT 88 MOTHER f***ing s**t *rage shut down*.