Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

TTG BTTF Review

I never voiced my opinion about the game. The 2/10 rating was for DK's review, not the game, because it was hilariously biased.

My score on the game. 9/10

My score wasn't serious. my official verdict is 8/10

-1 choppy animation

-1 for some return gags that didn't really fit.

Overall the animation was good. But there were a couple moments where it felt stiff and rushed.

As for the gags:

Kid Tannen steps in manure when there were no horses around and crashes into a manure truck in the middle of a field (which still confuses me).

Overall this game is one of the view movie-licensed games that really sticks to the original material and makes a good game out of it.

i give it a 9 1/2 out of 10 as DK said (that really sticks to the original material and makes a good game out of it.) alot of game company don't even try to do that example (Hulk and so on) and the (manure truck in the middle of a field) kind of makes since in away there could have been horse manure out there. horses roam around in fields. also i think the vents on the back of the bike was cool it kind of shows you that was basically the first vents Doc ever built.

and why the hell was there a Back to the Future TWO DeLorean at the Twin Pines Mall scene?
you have a good point i think this is what you mean Flux
SPOILER:
Bttf One Delorean th_BackToTheFuture1012010-12-2612-41-55-70_0001.jpg Then It Switches To The Part Two Delorean In The Dream th_BackToTheFuture1012010-12-2612-41-55-70_0002.jpg and heres another screen-shot of Part Two Delorean th_BackToTheFuture1012010-12-2612-41-55-70_0003.jpg

or maybe you can accept that its a dream and ignore the fact that stuff changes inside the dream. I know I've had stuff morph into other things in my dreams.

Look at it this way. Telltale is trying to warn the player that something is off even before Marty notices that it was all a dream. They're good at doing that. Anyone else notice the reference to bob and bob?

9/10

-1 because it's non-cannon <_<

Edited by Carlos_McFly

My score wasn't serious. my official verdict is 8/10

-1 choppy animation

-1 for some return gags that didn't really fit.

Overall the animation was good. But there were a couple moments where it felt stiff and rushed.

As for the gags:

Kid Tannen steps in manure when there were no horses around and crashes into a manure truck in the middle of a field (which still confuses me).

Overall this game is one of the view movie-licensed games that really sticks to the original material and makes a good game out of it.

I don't think it was cow manure that Kid stepped in. He probably stepped in Einie leavings. :P

As for the manure truck in the field? Easy. Where do you think old man Jones gets it? ;)

I give the game, as of RIGHT THIS MOMENT, a 8/10. To explain, that is mostly graphical. Choppy animation, not very smooth at all. However! That's based on my PC version that isn't very good. I expect it to be much better on my PS3 next year. I hate the cliffhanger only because it's gonna be two months before episode 2. :( However, it was a very BttF cliffhanger. And I felt bad for young Emmett, though I was glad to hear his dad ranting and mentioning the Von Brauns. :D

I still don't get why the BTTF2 Delorean came back to retrieve Marty if this is supposed to be after part 3.

When did Doc ever clone his Delorean sometime in part 2, to arrive at a random date in 1986? Why was he in the 30s to begin with? Those are the questions I want answered; and no matter how hard I think about them, I can't come up with anything.

Well, did you LISTEN to the actual dialog while you were watching it on YouTube? All of your questions are explained in some of the scenes with Marty and Doc back in the 1930s. Also, if you read some of the forum posts in some of these topics, you'd get your answers the same way.

I can spell it out for you, if you'd like.

I never voiced my opinion about the game. The 2/10 rating was for DK's review, not the game, because it was hilariously biased.

My score on the game. 9/10

Excuse me ...

For the BTTF I&II DeLorean in the dream , I think that the model has a problem ... It's maybe something like the LOD files in GTA ...

Well, did you LISTEN to the actual dialog while you were watching it on YouTube? All of your questions are explained in some of the scenes with Marty and Doc back in the 1930s. Also, if you read some of the forum posts in some of these topics, you'd get your answers the same way.

I can spell it out for you, if you'd like.

I love how you people are so protective over mediocre games, just as long as they bear the BTTF name.

Maybe it was spelled out in part 7, but I got bored before then, so please, Mr. BTTF, enlighten me.

Not protective, just a good memory. ;)

Naaah, it was one of the conversation options that maybe your LPer skipped through. All of those answers were also answered within 30 minutes of the game starting.

SPOILER:
You recall in Part 2 in 1955, when Doc's DeLorean got struck by lightning while flying and got transported back to 1885, 70 years into the past. When the lightning struck, it also made a "temporal duplicate" that sent ANOTHER DeLorean 70 years into the future, into 2025. On some trip there, he discovered it and had to get it away from Grif Tannen (Biff's grandson) before Grif was able to wreck some havoc in the space time continuum. This is how Doc now has a new shiny DeLorean. He could have also put in some upgrades during this time, as we do not know how much time has passed since this incident, not literally speaking, which explains the new "feature" in the DeLorean that allows it to travel right back to Doc's garage in 1986 after a certain time unattended in foreign time periods. Doc time travelled to the 1930s to solve the mystery about the burnt down speakeasy, and to pick up some first edition books that were printed in the 1930s for Clara's birthday. All of this dialog is optional, but fun tidbits for the uberfan like me.

And I like point and clicks, I don't think they're mediocre. >_> This one? Simple? Yes. Charming? Also, yes. Doesn't mean it's mediocre.

Edited by TWG

I love how you people are so protective over mediocre games, just as long as they bear the BTTF name.

Maybe it was spelled out in part 7, but I got bored before then, so please, Mr. BTTF, enlighten me.

Considering that I've played through it several times now, I certainly don't think of the game as mediocre. You want a mediocre game? Play Back to the Future on the NES. <_<

And frankly, you sound a bit hypocritical with the "just as long as they bear the BTTF name" line when you're posting on a BTTF message board. <_<

Edited by Shadowknight1

Sign in to follow this