:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

TTG BTTF Review

Now that it has sunken in. Here's my review

I liked some of it. However, I thought the "Temporal Duplication" explanation for the time machine was just BS. At first I was ok with it but he could have easily just built another one with the same parts, to me that's more acceptable than some shoddy scientific thing.

The game was too short. 1 1/2 hours? seriously? Also the animations were CRAP. Especially the "dream" scenario where the Car starts to move via remote. It started moving like 30 MPH immediately. the walking animation looks more like a drunken wobble. and the rest of them or more like "snap" animations. There's no fluid motion.

Storyline however, was ok, JUST ok. Lot's of gags return like the manure truck, Tannen walking in "Hey Mcfly!", blah blah blah. and a chase scene but it ends by having Marty climb the freaking Gazebo........ what? really? No epic chase scene on a 1930's equivalent of a skateboard? just hop a stone fence and climb a gazebo?

As a major BTTF fan, I am disappointed in how it all flows but am left satisfied as it was better than the LJN version.

Overall rating: 6/10

Reasons:

Crappy animations

Weak and short storyline (I know it's just an episode but still)

Gags that don't shouldn't even exist (Kid Tannen stepping in Manure........after a trolley passes that same exact spot and no horse passes? or hitting the manure truck in the middle of large field??? Really?)

What gives it a 6 is: It's not LJN.

what christmas release?

oh great, I'll be known as "The King that stole Christmas" :D

I could have done much better if I was serious. Just look at my SW: TFU2 review :)

oh that one................ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! XD

I got my kings right XD

King Richard

King Louis

King Kong

Larry King

I can forgive it its animations

I loved the dialogue and jokes

But I can not forgive it being so short, and forcing us to wait 2 months for Episode 2.

I kind of agree with you, DK. Overall, if I had to think of a word, it'd be "Mediocre".

I wouldn't even hardly call it game either; rather just a cinematic movie that you point and click a few times. Even then, I got bored by around part 6 (watching it on Youtube). If they give you a game with choices like that, I'd like to see each choice lead to another part of the game; then the game would be huge. But each time, it's like "4 choices, only one leads on, the other 3 are just one or two extra sentences"

I still think this mod tops that game 1000 percent.

Edited by The Black Swordsman

I 1000% agree with you. The amount of times the delorean showed up was disapointing. I'd at least like to drive it instead of seeing one small cutscene of marty driving it.

You can't judge by the playthrough on Youtube. Because on Youtube games like Iron Man 2 and Tron Evolution look good.

I'm not sure if the DeLorean was even duplicated, the first scene you see was probably what happened.. and why the hell was there a Back to the Future TWO DeLorean at the Twin Pines Mall scene?

It doesn't explain why the car looked the same, and why Einstein was in it though.. the dream could of meant something. ;)

I still don't get why the hell they used the SAME EXACT DELOREAN MODEL for the dream scene..

Edited by Flux Capacitor

I still don't get why the BTTF2 Delorean came back to retrieve Marty if this is supposed to be after part 3.

When did Doc ever clone his Delorean sometime in part 2, to arrive at a random date in 1986? Why was he in the 30s to begin with? Those are the questions I want answered; and no matter how hard I think about them, I can't come up with anything.

You can't judge by the playthrough on Youtube.

It gave me enough to see how it would play, so yeah, I could tell quite a bit just from that.

Edited by The Black Swordsman

But it's fun actually trying out different answers.

Since it's made up of parts, the reason why he's in the 30's would be answered later on. Since the game is only hr and half, the full game is only going to be around 6 hrs long. Making the game crappy, and not worth a 60$ disc.

It's sold for 23 bucks on Steam.

The game is really cool I think :) I also think that Blue and DK were a little bit too "strict" with the game :P I really liked it , and I liked the cliffhanger

8/10 for me

( Because nothing is perfect -1 , and because some textures are strange and -1 because you can't go everywhere in the HV square )

But sincerly , I really liked the scenario and some references ...

Edited by Microman

Sign in to follow this