Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

GTA for Mac

We'll live on Manual installs for a while, and then it'll be cool.

It means that the last reason I had to install Windows is now invalid. Tah, Mr. Ballmer.

I have never tryed Mac OS, I might try it somewhere this weekend can somebody tell me what is good about Mack-OS compared to Windows Xp?

It's sleeker for one. And it has a better driver calibration, which improves the efficiency. The point is they manufacture both the computer and the OS, therefore there is no conflict between the components.

DK, do some effing research. We have applications that allow us to run Windows programs without Windows.

And if you leave out games, the choice of applications for Mac is as great as on Windows. Except it has less clone apps.

Edited by iMaster

That's why I said games AND stuff. Cause MOST games can not be played on a MAC and I'm sure there are some programs you wish were for MAC too.

Actually, there aren't.

Cause 3DS Max, for instance, doesn't fit me, I am more of a Maya guy.

Final Cut Pro replaces all the editing software

Adobe applications are fully available

iWork is way better than Office

Skype, VLC, uTorrent, Steam, iTunes - you name it.

Edited by iMaster

Besides games, I found that I prefer Mac's choice of programs over windows for the most part. The scene is changing though and looks like Mac games are just going to keep on getting more popular with steam.

Personally, I hate Windows, but because of games, and the fact that I got it for free through school, I use it the most.

I wonder if the mod would run smoother and crash less on a mac? :lol:

True. With Wine and stuff, you CAN run Windows programs under a Mac. But really, it's all about personal reference. For programmers and gamers, go for Windows. For multimedia peeps or those who hate viruses, go for the Unix-based Mac OS X.

If you're both a hardcore gamer and a multimedia artist, go for a Mac with both the OS X and a customized Windows 7 (set in a way that it doesn't look like your Mac's main OS, like ObjectDock on the bottom with the icons of the games you play; with the Taskbar completely invisible; and perhaps some other apps for your desktop like Rainmeter on the top for the time, the shutdown/restart button, etc.). It's really all up to you.

Sign in to follow this