Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Railroad Delorean Replica

This time machine belongs to Charles B, and its the first (WIP) replica of the railroad Delorean that I know of in existence.

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

Of course, this one didn't rip a fuel line, so the engine is still running =P

The Delorean is actually at the site where the actual Delorean was filmed on the track at the Oxnard rail crossing, in case if it looks familiar to anyone, and this is in preparation for the 25th anniversary celebration at weregoingback.com

Great! Now that the No. 3 loco is also restored, maybe we could get them to push the delorean again? lol

I hope for him that there dont still drives an train :P , also I always asked myself why would the electronic speedometer still work if the engine is off?

the batteries are charged by the wheel movement aswell as the engine, ever wondered why you can get your engine to turn on. you can't fully charge a car battery with wheel movement alone but the delorean would have not bee disused for long hence the battery would be fully charged. besides who knows it might have some futuristic 2015 batteries which conserve power more effectilently.

Ehm, nope, the battery is charged by the alternator, moved by the engine; that's why you can take out the battery while the engine is running and it'll keep running. Wheel movement has nothing to do with it.

The digital speedo might be wheel based, powered by the car's own battery.

Wheel based would be the best option. Doc would want to know the exact RPM of the tires. Speedometers aren't always accurate.

could be like airplane ones, or doc could have fitted a laser which then gets detected. (airplane ones use the air as a measurement), and some cars can take power from the wheels (since if the wheels are rolling a magnectic generator while produce power from that movement.)

We had once that the car wont start bicose the battery was empty, the dynamo of the car was stuck :$, if the engine is off whill the dynamo then still recharch the battery of the car?

keep it on topic. We're not discussing how batteries recharge or how the speedo works. This thread is to admire the car.

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

I wanna steal this handsome sonofab**ch. Meh,anyone can haz a bttf delorean but one that actually runs on tracks is beast!

(beast is slang for good,amazing etc.)

Wait, were the brakes functional in the movie? Because this guy has them functional on this replica, but then that's a good thing, or he wouldn't have been able to stop the damn thing.

I'm sure Marty uses them slightly even without the engine running obviously the ABS wouldn't work. The handbrake would still work regardless.

Does an De Lorean have ABS? I thing that the brakes would still work

brakes would still work they run seperately to the engine they might have worked by moving fluid when you put your foot down. although it would be good to see a full time train replica.

Sign in to follow this