:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
massimo sorrentino

Album dedicated to "Back to the future" and Michael J.Fox!!!

Hi everybody!

I'm Massimo Sorrentino and a "Back to the future" great fan. I'm an Italian jazz guitar player and I've just released an instrumental CD inspired by the greatest science fiction film ever made. My album's title is "Intorno al futuro"and is available for download on I-Tunes and on all the world digital megastores.Alternatively people can put an order at the following address:intornoalfuturo@yahoo.it

It was back in 1985 when I first saw "Back to the future". I was astounded by Robert Zemeckis's work of art. A story that moves me until now. Marty's,Doc's, Georges's,Lorraine's,Biffi's characters to the mythical Delorean became familiar faces for me,as for many of my generation.Nevertheless there is one more reason why I'm so fond of this film: Michael J. Fox incredible solo on the 'Johnny B. Good ' notes. That memorable scene was such an inspiration that prompted me to buy my very first guitar!! Only afterwards I realized that music would become my life....Therefore, somehow, that event changed the course of my life!.

I've decided therefore to dedicate my new record to "Back to the future' amusing myself with the compositions titles, inspired also by phrases or quotations from the film, such as "Grande Giove", "Salviamo l'orologio della torre",'Incanto sotto il mare",1885", "Doc and Einstein",trying to express musically the vision of a moment or a particular scene of the film,greatly inspired by the Alan Silvestri magnificent soundtrack.

These sensations gave life to melodies and harmonies,through a mix of jazz/rock,symphonic/funk which i'm fond of, the whole spiced up by referral to the mythical '80s, which could not be left out in this case!!

Thanks for your attention and I'm giving you a link to a video from my record,where you can listen to the single"Song for Michael and Marty", dedicated to the great Michael J. Fox.

Massimo

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003P8F8V...9098&sr=8-1

(CD download)

Great work :D

I listened to your "Song for Michael and Marty" track that was on youtube. It was good, actually very calming.

The only thing I don't get is the Marty McFly or Micheal H. Fox message in the song. What I mean is, when I listen to it, the last thing I get in my head is Marty on Micheal. When I listen to it with my eyes closed, an image of a kid who had been kept away from his home at the age of 8 and then returning 30 years later appears. Then when he visits his house it's destroyed and covered in dust. After that he has a flash back of him playing with his friend at the house at age 7, this would be the moment when this track plays. I don't know if any one else can picture that, but hey that's just my sense of expression with music.

Edited by Mr.Kocher

Sign in to follow this