:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Flux Capacitor

Back to the Future on BLU-RAY

Here's what I don't like about DVDs and Blue-ray:

On disc so it's easier to ruin

God damn menu screen (seriously, I just want to watch the movie not stare at pretty graphics for 30 seconds before I can hit play)

Commercials before AND after the menu screen.

Here's what I don't like about VHS:

Having to rewind the tape after every use

quality of the picture

Hungry VCRs

takes a lot longer to pass the commercials to watch the movie.

Well, sounds like you're not a buyer, more like you're a downloader, DK, :P.

Depends on the film ;) If it's worth buying I will, if not I'll just visit a few online "providers". Couldn't download BTTF though. Bob and Rob DESERVE every penny just like the Ghostbusters so I'll gladly cough up the dough. It has to be worth it IMO. I also have a strict policy with games.

I'll play the whole game BEFORE I buy it if it's for PC. I don't do DEMOs cause you don't get the whole story and who knows, the rest could suck compared to the 20 minutes of demo play.

If I like the game I'll gladly buy them. But if I like it but don't think it's worth the current price tag, I'll wait for the price to drop to what i consider reasonable for what I play. Such as SW:TFU2, I AM NOT paying $60 for 4 - 6 hours of play. I'll pay no more than $30 for that.

hmm rewinding vids is a downside but one reason they are better than dvds is because you can just press play and be right back where you started. With a dvd you have to sit thru all the copyright crap,then find the scene,then the exact part you were at.

I got the blu ray version 2 days after the Australian release date, i must say there is a difference, but not much since i dont watch it on a 60inch HDTV or anything like that, im watching it on a 3 meter wide 2.5 meter tall HD projected screen, so obviously when your watching it, the pixels are a bit blown up, also, the picture is not as fluent since its not a 100hz projector or better, and another thing, i dont know if its just me, but you know how when you play the BTTF soundtrack and it doesnt play at the same pitch and speed as when its in the movie, well when i watched the blu ray, i noticed they slowed the entire movie down a tad so it sounds like the soundtrack is at its CD pitch and speed, but that could be just me. also if you look at the end of BTTF2 blu ray, when it has the logo for BTTF3 right at the end, it says below in white text "Coming Summer 1990" so they must of taken the film from a different copy since thats not on the dvd

I think Black cant afford it and trys to pretend that he cant buy it because its over rated, the blu ray is awesome, espically the lightning strike and effects ive noticed somethings i havent before, such as sound, like on the train in bttf 3 when doc notices clara , you think that clara says emmet first then doc talks, no you can hear doc say CLARA and clara says emmet at the say time, next camera view is doc saying clara again, probably two cameras recording one picked up doc saying clara by accident, thats how good it is

You know whats not fair, the UK version is much better then the US version yet the movie was made in the US XD

I hate the UK lol just kidding

They removed the the coming in 1990 from the DVD release. Because they thought it would be dumb to show it. But people complained. So they simply restored it.

im not a fan of blu-ray and i even put it to the test i got spider man 3 on blu-ray free with my ps3 when i got my ps3 and i already had spider man 3 on DVD i watched both from start to finish there was no difference what so ever no better sound or picture! why pay more for the same exact thing? that's stupid. i prefer VHS and regular DVD only. and i try to get all my movies in full-screen since full-screen is better than wide-screen in every-way but that's another topic

Edited by Doc-Holliday-

here's an idea, hook up your PS3 via HDMI instead of analog and then watch the movies again AND THEN come back and tell us the difference. My guess is there was no difference since you didn't buy SPM3 in HD and that your PS3 isn't hooked up in HD.

Why are you arguing all this nonsense. No matter what you say HD has a better picture than SD. 640x480 VS 1920X1080. You don't care but you aren't the world. Eventually will have 3896x2160 HD. And finally 70mm Film res after that.

Duuudes, so anyway.

I just got the Blu Ray disc set. Even running it on my 720p 22" monitor, the movies look FANTASTIC.

I mean, from Temp. Ex. 1, you can see like water dripping off the DeLorean, various tire tracks from previous takes (it was wet at the time, but you guys already know that). The fact that I can actually tell it was wet (I have horrible eyesight) must mean something. Hell, even the clocks in the beginning look GREAT.

So yeah, point in point, the video looks fantastic. Haven't had a chance to check out the audio fully (terrible speakers inside this monitor, gonna rectify that tonight), but i'm sure it sounds great with a 5.1 surround sound. XD

70mm Film Res!!

do you know how many pixels that would take to give its full quality picture!!

it would be something like 10k! 20000x10000 or something like that in 8bit terms, maybe even more!

that would be freaking awesome! I mean the movies you see in digital cinemas are in 2k, and there introducing 4k soon, so it probably wont be long.

@TWG: About the 5.1 surround sound, if you have a 5.1 surround sound system, if you listen to the dvd first than the blu-ray, the quality improves, BUT, you will probably notice that the dialog coming out of the centre speaker is not as loud as when its on the DVD, its not the same proportional volume as the other 4 speakers. AND also, the quality of part 2 isnt as good as part 1 in my opinion, the restoration doesn't look the same.

Edited by BTTF Forever

I do NOT have a 5:1...I just bought a Logitech Z523 2.1 system. Seeing as all my entertainment devices are next to each other in a 10x10 ft room, i don't need a humongous setup. I actually prefer 2.1 over 5.1..maybe I'm crazy but I just like it better that way. I like all the sound directly from the front v.s. coming from EVERYWHERE. >_>

Having said that, after listening to it with the new speakers installed, it sounds....AMAZING. My hearing is a lot better than my eyesight, so I could definitely tell the sound is VERY cleaned up and optimized for today's setups.