Last Time Departed
Flux Capacitor

Back to the Future on BLU-RAY

Anyone got it yet?

I got it, it's amazing.

I noticed so much different stuff, like the Allstate poster behind the Cafe

Edited by Mike
Corrected spelling error in topic title

i have a dvd player and vhs isnt blu-ray just like hd dvds? I think hd is crap anyway. Couldnt even notice a difference. Anyway no i havnt im happy with my dvd trilogy thanks very much.

Don't care for Blu Ray one bit.

Overrated. There's nothing wrong with DVDs, or even VHS for that matter.

You are a fool to even try and compare the quality of Blu-Ray to the quality of VHS. Chalk and cheese, they don't go.

Chalk and cheese, they don't go.

I take it you've never had heartburn caused by cheese, and taken pepto bismol (who's active ingredient is chalk) to make the heartburn subside.

I'm surprised no one has uploaded any 1080p screenshots of BTTF. Guess none of you guys have BR drives.

Edited by Joe Statler

I thought about buying it on blu ray, but then i found out that the U.S gets no disc art work unlike the U.K and other countires, also the cover art i thought was bland. im wierd i know for not buying something due to such minimal things such as cover and disc art. reviews i have read have given it good marks on picture and audio quality.

I dont have them on blu ray, but an friend of mine has theme, there is no big difference

You are a fool to even try and compare the quality of Blu-Ray to the quality of VHS. Chalk and cheese, they don't go.

Whoosh. Right over your head.

My point was quality doesn't matter. Unless it looks like it's been soaked in dish water, it's watchable. People say they hate VHS due to poor quality even though it still looks good. Yes, Blu Ray is better, obviously, but does it make it unwatchable?

Not in the slightest. I hate how we discard good old things that still work just fine.

Edited by The Black Swordsman

Using "whoosh" when you don't even know how to kinda ruins it.

My point stands: there's nothing wrong with DVDs. Blu Ray is overrated. Even now that Blu Ray is on top, watch in the future "THIS New VERSIon" It never stops, nor do I agree with it. If something works, stay with it. There's nothing wrong with that.

This coming from a video editor as well; I know a thing or two about quality.

Your point holds no water.

You seem to have some kind of attitude problem, reminds me a lot of some douchebag moderator we used to have on here.

Wow, your comments BS are full of BS!!!! As Mike said, you're arguments don't hold value and it's more liek you are trying to just cause fights. People buy Blue-Ray because it cleans up the films A LOT!!! It allows greater quality in both video AND sound. For someone who knows a thing or two about quality would understand why Blue-Ray is better to have than DVD or VHS. Also, there were issues with the DVD port of BTTF 2.

Believe what you want.

As a long time video editor, I can't stand "quality whores", people who care about quality and nothing more. I've had much experience.

I don't really care what either of you two think of my opinions or not. Obviously, you didn't even think much of this topic either since it had no posts until I posted in it today. I stated my opinion. Let's not forget who then jumped out to call me a fool for my own thoughts... Mike. Who's the one really picking fights?

Thought so. Why do you have to criticize others for what they think? I'm going to defend myself against such onslaughts, so don't get surprised when you cause it.

It's not just in this topic, we've been looking at the style of your posts in other topics, your posts are argumentative.

I like quality. I don't buy everything I see though.

Quality is key. I'm sure you care about quality. You wouldn't settle for s**t right? oh wait, you do. VHS and DVDs are of yesterday's technology. I'll admit, I'll make some valuable points several things I liked about VHS that I didn't like DVDs or Blue-Ray and vice versa.

Here's what I don't like about DVDs and Blue-ray:

On disc so it's easier to ruin

God damn menu screen (seriously, I just want to watch the movie not stare at pretty graphics for 30 seconds before I can hit play)

Commercials before AND after the menu screen.

Here's what I don't like about VHS:

Having to rewind the tape after every use

quality of the picture

Hungry VCRs

takes a lot longer to pass the commercials to watch the movie.

My points are legit but Blue-Ray is still better cause they can offer MUCH more than a VHS or a DVD ever could. In the end you aren't making valuable and understandable arguments.

AND DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME A QUALITY w**re. I still prefer old school games on systems such as the PS ONE, N64, Snes, Nes, Sega Genesis, etc.

If something works, stay with it. There's nothing wrong with that.

It's OK, grandpa, we won't push you to use the new technologies...

If something works, stay with it. There's nothing wrong with that.

No there isn't but then mankind wouldn't progress in terms of technology. And there isn't anything wrong with making newer technologies or building up on ones that already exist. Like the CD. the CD created the DVD and then the Blue-Ray. It all starts somewhere.

@RG Shhhhhhh, he's just cranky cause he hasn't taken his 5th nap today XD

I personally still like DVD and think it still has some time to stay. But VHS? Bury it next to the BetaMax.

My honest to god opinion:

I hate laser discs. Tiny scratch - your experience is ruined. I prefer drives without any moving parts, i.e. flash and such.

Edited by iMaster

I'd really like to see anyone try to watch a DVD on a 60" TV. You'll see pixel blocks instead of the actual picture.

When using a Tube Television DVD is the only way to go. Not because of the quality, but because tube televisions can only handle a 480i picture. Now, an HDTV when watching Standard television transmission will show interlacing lines that look like crap. DVD's you'll have some blockiness if you have a well trained eye.

Edited by Joe Statler

My DVD player some weird commercial skipper, I can simply hit the next button, and the next commercial show up. So at me it doesn't take that long.

Ok to get this over with lets compare it to the mod the mod is great, so is the movie, but your saying quality doesnt matter so would you want to have the downtown be just squares and the car have no model just the normal car from in game, and no time travel or missions. of course not so case closed, quality does matter. And I have more examples too, about quality.

How about we DON'T compare it to the mod cause we are talking about the Films and the quality of VHS, DVD, and Blue-Ray, not the quality of GAMES and their MODs.............. Even though SMBs are the best XD