Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

GTA IV - The DeLorean Is Back

The vehicles in IV are brutally real. I once changed a file that makes the damage model act real, great mod for taking away stress but made the storyline unplayable.

When the model is released to the public could you put it in the form of an exe or autoinstaller please? Whenever I try to mod IV by replacing files and compiling, it never seems the work. I think its also cause of all the other bits you need to install with it (asi hooks, xlive junk n things ?????).

I dont thing that they will release it before .2F, since people will try to get it back to VC

Oh, if only the mod can be set up to use this.

Now imagine it being setup like the TM. :mf_dribble:

Edited by Joe Statler

That beer bottle :P But then with an Delorean TM, good idea :P

You're just used to VC. How the vehicles handle in that game is very arcadish and not like real life at all. It annoys me.

Maybe it's just me... but that's the point.

I'm not playing a life simulator, I'm playing a video game. I want it to be a game. That's why I hate SA and beyond; there's way too many variables. You have to eat, tediously change clothes, girlfriends, etc, etc; there's so much to keep track of, and I don't want to LIVE my LIFE in the damn game.

Tommy Vercetti didn't have to eat, and he touched an icon to change his clothes. It's a game. I prefer it that way.

Edited by The Black Swordsman

Umm, you're like blowing it past the main point and expanding it to parts that I haven't even touched upon. I'm only talking about vehicles, and I have something to say when you say stuff like

In Vice City, the vehicles felt and looked like vehicles.

Because that is so not true.

And my point is your statement does not sound like an opinion, especially when you're implying that it is superior to GTA4.

What does it matter to you even if I say it is?

Even if the world agreed with me, would that impact your opinion of your own favorite games?

Assuming that it impacts me when its not.  I'm clarifying things for other forum members.

Why does it matter to you if I say it isn't? Even if the world disagrees with you, would that impact your opinion of your own favorite game?

Games should feel real, games are for to do things that aren't possible in real life thats mainly the point, well not all games but most, so realistic should be the focus of games all games are focused on that, most games that is,

@Black, plus, If you can't be bothered to change clothes in SA and all that stuff, well I don't know how you do that in real life :bleh:

And to add to Coolest, VC as a game is boring. Just missions, that's it. there are no "extra-curricular" activities you can do. Which is why SA and IV added stuff like that so it isn't always about the main game. And SA did it wrong making you have to eat to remain healthy and working out as well. IV got it right. There is so much more things making you have fun rather than just missions.

Also, all the "hanging out" with your friends is optional. Don't answer their phone calls. But it's more fun hanging with them as a good portion of conversations are hilarious to listen to.

I mean seriously, how many games can you play today that allows you to kill people in missions, outside of missions, and then go bowling or get drunk afterwards?

@Black, plus, If you can't be bothered to change clothes in SA and all that stuff, well I don't know how you do that in real life :bleh:

Playing a game and living life are two completely different things. That's why I hate it in game mode; it's like trying to replace my life inside the game. No thanks with that. I find it extremely tedious and boring to have to do that inside a game.

Why does it matter to you if I say it isn't? Even if the world disagrees with you, would that impact your opinion of your own favorite game?

It doesn't at all. Why do you think I'm stating it otherwise? I'll defend Vice City because it deserves it though.

VC is boring PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! By what you are saying you prefer boring so that means you are boring.

But let's move on cause nobody is going to change anybody else's mind. That's the point of having an opinion. Now he stated why he likes VC over SA and IV and we stated why we like SA or IV over VC. Let's drop it there.

I don't know what these guys are saying. All I'm saying is that it is wrong of you to suggest VC vehicles look and behave like actual vehicles. I don't care if you like video games for it being real life or not, but if you're comparing to real vehicles, then I'll say something about it.

VC is boring The thing I liked doing was driving kitt and killing people, the bttf mod made it very intresting the game, Thats why I love it, but cars, dude, the cars in vc suck :P @Black, if you took what I quote seriosly, did you not notice my :P

Sign in to follow this