Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Tech_E

Shonash Ravine reenactment help

So I'm putting together another series of movies, but I need help throwing a train over the cliff in SA. The problem is I can't just spawn a train and drive it where ever, and I can't take the texture and dff, and change them over to a car without it crashing the game when I try to spawn it.

I've even tried adding a section of track, and trying to spawn the train there, but it didn't work. Any other ideas on how to do this? If not, I'll just have to do without the whole scene. :(

Well then thats that dealt with. There is a train track editor thingy that you can dl that might help. However i have downloaded it and havn`t been arsed to use it yet it looks a little complicated.

Wow, I was unaware that such a tool existed. I'll give it a shot! Thank you!

Edited by Tech_E

It's easy to use. Although just using my shonash ravine for VC may be easier.:P

I actually concidered it, but I don't own VC, and I think it may be hard to blend VC with SA as far as having it blend together nicely for a movie. As for the train track editor, it's sort of a pain to use. I can't see the map, when editing the tracks and when searching for the map, it tries to look for a jpg or a png. Tricky program.

Yeah, you need to have the map exported as a jpeg. I think it's in the install somewhere. try one of the frontend txd's.

Thanks! Ok, so I was able to move the track where I wanted and everything is looking great so far, but I've run into another small problem. Is there a way to eliminate the space between the two cars in this picture? I'm using freight for the Delorean, and freiflat for the locomotive. I've tried using other combinations but I'm always left with space between the two. What do I need to edit to fix this?

gta_sa2010-11-2819-12-22-37.jpg

YOur offset in the code on the train is huge thats why :P I cant do it since i dont have sa, you have to experiment your self

Is that a steam train in san andreas?! :huh:

YOur offset in the code on the train is huge thats why :P I cant do it since i dont have sa, you have to experiment your self

Where is the offset in the code located? If I knew where it was, I'd change it :(

Is that a steam train in san andreas?! :huh:

If you know where I can get the 131 for SA, I'll replace it ;)

hmm i have yet to find any train mod for SA that is not an electric train. and if you look on youtube people have made the time train for SA. not sure about the 131 though.

Total fail at editing the distance between two RR cars. Only other option is to figure out how to mount a car onto the tracks allowing it to be pushed. It wont even need to time travel, I can edit that in later. Is this a possibility?

On 11/28/2010 at 3:21 AM, Tech_E said:

Thanks! Ok, so I was able to move the track where I wanted and everything is looking great so far, but I've run into another small problem. Is there a way to eliminate the space between the two cars in this picture? I'm using freight for the Delorean, and freiflat for the locomotive. I've tried using other combinations but I'm always left with space between the two. What do I need to edit to fix this?

gta_sa2010-11-2819-12-22-37.jpg

i want this map plz

Sign in to follow this