Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Carlos85G

'81 DMC DeLorean DMC-12

ok now, here's where I prove you are wrong :P

The rear-wheel is only 1 inch bigger than the front wheel. As is the model's wheels. also, by the look of those pics, those deloreans are using the standard set by a bumper law that never passed. Mostly because the bottom runs parallel with the ground rather than slanting towards it. The deloreans in the film didn't use it.

Second: Carlos is a damn good modeler who only goes for the accuracy and detail just like Liam does. Also, you haven't seen the delorean up close in personal on your screen so you can't say anything yet XD

Well i have seen several DeLoreans up close, actually, but I cant argue with you there, u got a point. I wasnt trying to insult Carlos, and yes he is a damn good modeler, its just from the photos you guys are posting the rear wheel looks way bigger than it really is then.

The stock DeLorean from the 0.2d looked nearly spot on as does the time machine from the SA mod. In terms of wheel sizes, does this one have the same dimensions? I cant tell because of the camera angles like I said before. if someone could take a perfect picture from the side, I would really be able to judge the sized better :P

5dmc1

ok now, here's where I prove you are wrong :P

The rear-wheel is only 1 inch bigger than the front wheel. As is the model's wheels. also, by the look of those pics, those deloreans are using the standard set by a bumper law that never passed. Mostly because the bottom runs parallel with the ground rather than slanting towards it. The deloreans in the film didn't use it.

Second: Carlos is a damn good modeler who only goes for the accuracy and detail just like Liam does. Also, you haven't seen the delorean up close in personal on your screen so you can't say anything yet XD

The reason the delorean in the movie is forward biased is because they put all the batteries for the lights and such in the trunk, so that weighed it considerably down.

I'm following this and another blueprint and both have the same proportions for the wheels.

Diagram.jpg

The only thing I changed was the tire height, nothing else.

The reason the delorean in the movie is forward biased is because they put all the batteries for the lights and such in the trunk, so that weighed it considerably down.

I really wasnt talking about the Time Machine, i was talking about stock Deloreans in general, but ok :P

Maybe I am over reacting. Once I see it more in-game I will probably be less skeptical. Sorry if I am causing any tension here, not trying to. The car just looks a bit off, something about that back wheel just bugs me. Are you sure there wasnt a miscalculation or something in the modeling process? I look at the car and the rest of it looks amazing but that back wheel...I dont know why it just looks big lol. Maybe it is just me. But I look at the previous DeLorean model and then this one and something just doesnt add up... :blink:

Damn this perfectionist nature of mine, it makes me miss out on a lot of fun stuff in life :(

5dmc1

I'm following this and another blueprint and both have the same proportions for the wheels.

Diagram.jpg

That looks perfect! the proportions are spot on, but why does it look weird in-game then? o_O This is boggling my mind now, I think I need to get some coffee...no really its like 11pm here. Idk.

I would Like to see the car in san andreas though, seeing as my stupid pc cant run IV without getting like 3fps (if you know a way to downgrade the graphics or something, PLEASE TELL ME! IV is a great game, I have it on my xbox, I just really want to mod it :P ) Sorry if that's off topic, but I am wondering if one of you would know.

Just would like to see what it looks like in SA because I am more used to it than IV. (I am not asking for a copy of the car model, I know I wont get it, lol) Im just asking for Pics. ^^

5dmc1

Edited by Carlos85G

With the indicator, side markers, and door lights - thats a limitation of GTA IV, they can either be on, or off, you can't alternate between the two - so we opted for on.

As for the wheel sizes, I personally think they are spot on. It's only the ride height that needs adjustment, and this was done after the GTA IV video was shot.

Just saying.

Yes but I am talking about the indicators on the front of the car, with them constantly lit, then when the npc's are driving the cars they wont be able to be used as turn signals, only the rear, thats my point.

5dmc1

@Blue oh ok :P

@5dmc1, I glad you see my point. When you see the delorean in VC or IV up close and personal and you still think it's slightly off, then maybe we won't try to argue as much :P but what you see now isn't what it IS now :P

Also, for the IV delorean, you can't have them on AND use them as turn signals. I tried both but it didn't work. It's either or and so we decided to have them on since it looks better.

@DK

OOOk, I just thought it would be really awesome to have them working, have u tried the model with just them set as turn signals and given them a chance to see them working both at night and in the day? it would look so cool! :D

I just really would Like to see it.

Also, I compared the wheel sizes of this car with that of the old model, I was wrong, they are the same proportions.. so sorry for that bit of confusion, my bad :online2long:

I tried everything. You can't have the blinkers light up, period. Well unless the NPC makes a turn. but we can't have both. Either on all the time or not at all.

Gorgeous DeLorean, can't wait to see it in VC. I wish I could have the BTTF mods in IV, but I only have it on PS3, and my computer sometimes gives me trouble with VC, I think it'd shoot itself before playing IV. :( Stupid Dell laptops with motherboard-built in graphics cards.

well what do you know, the weels really are fixed. good job, btwis it me or is that delorean green?

It is, but since it is damaged does the paint got removed.

I can't wait to see the BTTF version of your DeLorean , Carlos , it's awesome ! 100x better than the 02.e model ! Later , you should try to make some concepts just like K1092000 did with the DMC-13 :P