Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Palmfire

Lybian Chase at the downtown Mall, path problem

Hello !!

Because I'm very looking forward to see lybian chase, I tested to put plutonium marker and lybian wv into Downtown mall.

When I run over the marker, the wv appear...and it turn at the left and it drive to wall and try to go trought it. I think it's a car path problem and I would to know which tool to use to edit paths file.

Could you help me to resolve this problem ?

I hope my english is not too bad. ;)

Thanks !

Your english is great :D And, if I may ask, where did you get the main.scm for the LYbian chase at the mall?

Euh... 0.2e main.scm modified :unsure:.I send you a PM for details ;)

*shfty eyes* maybe he's been looking in my box...

Anyway, it's fun when it gets going, Palmfire, but you're right, it is a car-path problem, and simply download the only path editor for Vice City to edit the paths :P

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/Vi...etail&id=74

Edited by Evilraptor

I was supposed to be laying car paths around the DT map but I'm just too damn lazy :P If you have better luck with path-editor than I do (it is an annoying tool to use) I can send you a map with the DT map added to it to make using the tool easier ;)

For those of you experiencing difficulties saving an edited paths.ipl "You cannot add path data to the paths.ipl file without deleting some or all of the original paths first. " Ben Millard, aka Cerbera.

Or the game wont load! hope this helps :P

Edited by Orgcon

Hello !

I tried a quick car path test near Downtown bridge. Without detailed documentation, I appear not easy to understand node and connections relation. After few minutes of mouse clicking, I managed to make a path and connect it to existing. But I don't see other path disappear or replace by mine... I'll try to connect bridge to Downtown Mall ;) ... To be continued.

path.jpg

path2.jpg

The skyways done kinda! I just need to do the exits, but it'll take a while to finnish :( Shall I release it as it is, as an alpha or shall I release it when its finnished?

Read above! Its for path-editor, you put it in the path-editor folder just replace the one already in there

I may make a map for in game, only when I figure out how :lol:

I may make a map for in game, only when I figure out how :lol:

If you open gta3.img with txdworkshop you can see the textures of the radar. Problem is it's divided into 64 little squares, so you have to divide the hill villey map and find the right .txd's to replace with each piece. I tried making a textured map yesterday but failed miserably :unsure:

For those of you experiencing difficulties saving an edited paths.ipl "You cannot add path data to the paths.ipl file without deleting some or all of the original paths first. " Ben Millard, aka Cerbera.

Or the game wont load! hope this helps

Hello,

Thank you for map, Orgcon. I'm going to put it in my Path Editor folder !

Yesterday, I added path from Bridge to HV, but VC crashed when starting. Maybe because too many paths has added to game. So, I deleted an other path to start game.

It works : Vehicles appears on the bridge, on the way to HV, and in the mall.

edfake, you have shortcuts to add new nodes...Lokk at help->shortcuts...

However, cars models are strange...I have motorcycles, buggy cars less wheels...ice cream van. Someone can explain it ?

No it's not that; for some reason somebody made the default.ide say that the BF Injection has custom wheels... when in fact it doesn't, presumably whoever made the installer had a carmod for the BF Injection and forgot that it wasn't in the mod...

I thought martys truck was the BF Injection? Thats why we thought his models weren't installed properly ^_^

I can see Marty's Truck... but I also see BF Injections around... O_o

Maybe there's some duplicates... damn copies!

*shifty eyes* How dare they try and steal that place... reminds me of Lance Dior, and Harold Boon...

O_o who?

and no Marty's Toyota replaces the Sand King, the original car on the top floor of Sunshine Autos

Edited by hscitpe

Oh yes it does, I remember now :D And those two ppl were from the Mighty Boosh, the were the evil (if you will) main characters that try to take over the music scene in camdon :P