:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Guest geoldr

Is it just me?

Euphoria for physics and RAGE for graphics

and the older GTAs used RenderWare, not Havok.

and GTA4 has already been modded on XBox 360

I don’t get all these crash issues people are complaining about. I finally installed 0.2e & all updates yesterday, and the game runs just fine for me.

My specs:

Dell XPS M1530

Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (2.50GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 6 MB L2 cache)

4 GB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x2048)

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB dedicated graphic memory

200GB Seagate SATA hard drive (7200RPM)

Was running Windows Vista Home Premium when I bought it, however within a few daysI upgraded it to Windows XP Professional 32 bit running Service Pack 3.

I would hazard a guess that providing you have a fairly decent spec PC, running Windows XP 32 bit, then you should have very few problems with the mod, so long as you install all the updates (including Dragon Kings updated .exe file)

Additionally, I never use either of the save features, I always start a new game, which could potentially aid stability.

Edited slightly for you. I actually run Service Pack 3.

Then I have SP2 :D

SP3 maybe have fixed these "crashes" in games

VC will never be "stable" again. The more the mod changes, the more it crashes. This is why Blue really wants to move the mod to GTA 4.

If she ever plans that, we might bump to the same instability problems. GTA4 no longer uses the RenderWare engine, the type of engine gta-vc.exe, gta3.exe and gta-sa.exe are. GTA4 is using the RAGE/Euphoria engine, therefore it will longer be a "main.scm" that will require editing. But the engine itself is an advantage since it can handle high-poly models. High-poly models are the culprits of most of the random crashes in the mod. The map space of the game is also an advantage for our Hill Valley map.

If Blue did decide to move to GTA4, I just hope the PC version doesn't have high system requirements so that we can all play it.

A move to the GTA: SA engine is still a good option, seeing that we have both the main.scm, the more advanced RenderWare engine, and CLEO on our side.

I just hope the PC version doesn't have high system requirements so that we can all play it.

Minimum System Requirements

OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz

Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space

Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended System Requirements

OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz

Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)

18 GB Free Hard Drive Space

Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

That's some serious spec's. My XPS graphics card only just makes the recommended spec. :huh:

I bought a 512mb 9600GT, so I'm fine in the graphics department.

My PC meets the minimum requirements, but except for the graphics card.

I would hazard a guess that providing you have a fairly decent spec PC, running Windows XP 32 bit, then you should have very few problems with the mod, so long as you install all the updates (including Dragon Kings updated .exe file)

Many games are criticized on having high system requirements, 'ya know. :P Mods aren't really to be criticized by critics and players like games, but just making the system requirements higher or more serious than the original requirements is enough for people to really criticize mods (it's like, for some/most players, making a playable game unplayable).

No particle effects is the reason BTTF SA will never be superior to the VC version.

I know some CLEO mods with decent particle effects, in fact some or one of them use particles that are user-built or aren't originally GTA: SA particles.

Exactly, and that's why BTTF HV would never work as a total conversion mod under San Andreas.

The way I see it, it’s either GTA VC or GTA IV assuming the mod will function under it.

what would happen if GTA IV is not moddable...????

but vc crashes too much.............

But those custom particles lagged horribly.

Not on mine. :P And when I use these mods (with custom particles), they lag less than the BTTF mod.

It's still worth a try. There still may be stuff we haven't tried yet in CLEO.

oh man ......I don't know what to say no more............

but vc crashes too much.............

The VC crashes are caused by the high-poly models, new map stuff and poor PC specs. We guys talked about it and we found out it would be a good idea if we bring back stock VC then every time we add in new map stuff we remove one part of VC.

I really fear that a very few would play the mod once it moves to GTA4, seeing that not all people can have high-end PCs to agree with GTA4's system requirements. It's either we have a try in moving to GTA: SA or we'll stay with GTA: VC and try anything we can think of to keep the mod from becoming more unstable.

Sign in to follow this