Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

my add-on Package for Back to the Future Hill Valley 0.2e

as soon as my add-on package is finished I'll give you a download link.

That is already done:

- Sunshine Autos is DR. E. BROWN ENTERPRISES, the Build-a-TM-garage (which was formerly A+B AUTO) is the INSTITUTE OF FUTURE TECHNOLOGY, SPRAY'N'GO is FUSION INDUSTRIES (named only)

- edits in the american.gxt and german.gxt (you now get STRANDED and ERASED FROM EXISTENCE)

- an improved version of Orgcon's skyway (thanks to Orgcon for his permission to use his files)

- upwards/downwards angle improvements of the flying DeLorean/flying Time Train (makes it easier to reach 88 MPH when you want to TT like in the beginning of BTTF2)

- replacing most adverts that are located all over VC

Edited by CJ O'Hummer

alright, the add-on is finished and you can download it here.

EDIT: decided to leave the topic open to collect your impressions

Edited by CJ O'Hummer

You can time travel going up? I would love that when I do reanactments for youtube ;) I like this mod from reading, now to try!

I tried it, this was actually really good, I enjoyed the sky way, and loved seeing new labels for the time machine making area, as for the delorean angle improvements, these only seemed to make to make the turning more stiff. The textures were a bit hard to install because the folder seemed to be a bit unorganized, but all in all it's a good add on, but still could use some work.

I hope you make a version two because this was nice, One of the things I hope will be in the next version is a colored 1955 Court House Square, if you're allowed to, and the angle improvements I think could use some work.

Thanks for making this add on, I enjoyed it very much.

Edited by Mr.Kocher

alright, thanks.

@Mr.Kocher: I'm yet not sure if I'll make a R2 of it, but if I make one it'll only be a version with an installer.

The upwards/downwards angles are now exactly the same as they were in BTTF2, so they won't be improved any more. Also, I won't add a new courthouse texture because on the one hand, I'm not that good at texturing (already the retexturing of the skyway sign Orgcon made and creating another one wasn't very easy.)

Well I don't exactly mean a texture on the Court House, since that already has a texture, I mean the buildings like Lou's cafe and the street shops and all those since they only have a boring grayish yellow look, it'd be great if you can colorize those buildings, since once again improving the color on those buildings would make your add on "Must Have".

The addon looks good so far. ive only got half of the stuff installed (didnt have enough time to do it all) so i haven't seen the skyway yet but all the bttf signage looks good

EDIT: got it all installed now. Love the "fish under the sea dance" sign at the concert arena. Although it seems as it is really foggy every where and every time I jump too. Don't know weather its bad luck or a problem with the maps.

Edited by Dave27

I mean the buildings like Lou's cafe and the street shops and all those

sorry, but I won't do that since that will all be part of 0.2f as you can see in the video section. I won't make anything Liam has worked on or IS working on.

@Dave27 have you clicked "Rebuild Archive" in the IMGTool? I guess that will fit it.

only dowloading for the txd names of sunshine because i am too lazy to look for them :P

Hey uuuhm i got it downloaded but it's a rar document that i can't instal for GTA Hill Valley, what to do?

It's only a rar document that opens in windows media player automatically, don't know what i did wrong with the download :confused:

You'll need WinRAR... If you have it, then right-click the file, Open With... and choose WinRAR. Or, probably, any other archive program

I gave it a go and thought it was pretty good, first time I killed myself on purpose just so I could see 'erase from existence.'

You're not the only one. I got it working! At last... and it's awesome! i really respect you guys for making this mod for us, cause this gave me a headache just only to get this working.

Really? I got it working pretty quickly, though I think I did some bits wrong maybe...like the spray 'n' paint is still called that...dunno if that name was meant to change...but yeah everything worked well. It's kinda weird cause when you see the posters far away they are what they were originally then you get closer and they change to the new ones in this add on. But yeah I enjoyed it.

i really respect you guys for making this mod for us, cause this gave me a headache just only to get this working.

1 it's an add-on FOR a mod

2 I'm only 1 person that was working on that add-on

3 thanks, it was difficult to find out what has to be replaced and how. in the beginning it even should have been without the adverts, but then I thought, adverts from 1955 and the early 50ies would be nice. and so you now all got what you have. B)

I'd love to see posters for the correct periods (1950s, 1980s, 2015s) if its possible and if you want to do it and got the time.

The sunshine auto signage didn't change for me maybe I missed a file.

Love what you're doing keep up the good work :)

anyone else find it strange that this guy really likes Steve from blues clues O.o

edit: 88th post lol

Edited by Rave

I'd love to see posters for the correct periods (1950s, 1980s, 2015s) if its possible and if you want to do it.

I guess that's what everyone is expecting but since I can't code I wouldn't even have the chance to replace the adverts in the periods. Plus, since 0.3 will only include a 1955 HV map, I thought it'd be best to make only 1950ies adverts

The sunshine auto signage didn't change for me maybe I missed a file.

it should be all in the rar file you've downloaded. maybe you forgot something to replace. the Sunshine Autos txds are

lh_racemap.txd, lhbillbrd.txd and hai_carshowint.txd

Sign in to follow this