Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

your ideas for 0.2e in-game adverts

I'm currently working on an add-on package for 0.2e (topic's here) which should also replace all adverts that are located all over Vice City with BTTF1-1955-accurate ones.

I'd like to give me your ideas what should be advertised because I'd like to know what other fans would like to see to be adverted [of course I have my own ideas too, but as I said, give me your ideas too].

As soon as I have collected enough suggestions, I'll close this topic.

hover conversions of classic cars

texaco fuel

for 2015 the jaws movie thing

cafe 80s

sucide booths after 2008

Grim, please read my whole post before posting advert ideas, because I just want

.... BTTF1-1955-accurate ones.

But thanks so far, there's at least one great idea you had.

@archer: there's a comic store in BTTF1? I know that old Peabody's son has a sci-fi comic, but I didn't see a store.

(topic's here)

Why does it say you cant edit the post, <_<

lol, CJo'Hummer, link to the topic, not to the topic edit page :P

@archer: there's a comic store in BTTF1? I know that old Peabody's son has a sci-fi comic, but I didn't see a store.

Back in the fifties comics were basically sold at pharmacies and grocery stores. They were also sold at Magazine/News Kiosks, but I doubt there was one in Hill Valley at that time.

I would say Lorraine's neighborhood, but with a picture of a woman undressing in one of the windows. :P

I've always wondered if that was Lorraine George was peeping on, or was it some other woman.

Edited by Joe Statler

You can make a comic kiosks in areas that were not shown on screen :P. We be limited to DC. Marvels older comics are basically unknown. Since it's 1955. perhaps certain other mini ads. Like boom years for TV shows. Star Trek TNG ads in 1994. Star Wars in 1977 etc.

sure, but that would not be part of my add-on since I only want to use

BTTF1-1955-accurate
adverts.

So Liam or whoever will do adverts in 0.3+ will have to do that other adverts.

I had this idea a long time ago , I replaced the Sunshine autos adverts by a Texaco symbol , and I replaced all the other adverts with some adverts for the Blue Bird Motel , or Lou's Cafe for example...

alright, most adverts are now replaced. I'd like you now to give me some titles of films/movies that were released between 1950 and 1955, except "The Revenge of the Creature", "Tarantula", "Lady Godiva", "Francis in the Navy" and "On the Waterfront". There are still a few posters at Interglobal Films that have to be replaced.

John Wayne:

Hondo (1953), The Quiet Man (1952), Blood Alley (1955), The Sea Chase (1955)

Bob Hope:

The Seven Little Foys (1955), Son of Paleface (1952), Road to Bali (1952)

Alfred Hitchc**k: (f*cking censors) <_<

To Catch a Thief (1955), Rear Window (1954) <Disturbia w/ Shia LeBeouf was the remake>

James Stewart:

The Naked Spur (1953), The Man from Laramie (1955), Strategic Air Command (1955)

others:

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954), Abbot & Costello Meet the Keystone Kops (1955), Abbot & Costello Go to Mars (1953) <one of my personal favorites>

Edited by Joe Statler

whoa, that's a long list, but I can't take all of them because I don't have that many slots left.

alright, I'll now finish the replacement work and as soon as I've finished my tests I'll give you a download link

EDIT I: I can use 9 of 15 films/movies. thank you, Joe Statler.

EDIT II: Although I've placed an old Universal Pictures logo, it doesn't matter if the films/movies are from Universal or not.

I would think that 20,000 Leagues would be the most important one to include. Since it's a movie adaptation of the Jules Verne novel.