:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
TranceLikeState

Official Jurassic Park Mod Thread

The carnivores will indeed attack you, unfortunately no there are not attack animations yet. they still have default skeletons and animations meaning they punch you, but it looks like theyre nudging you in a way. i do plan on having full attack animations once i can find some real talented help with coding and animation. i'm hoping the first release will accomplish that. so everyone else knows i'm not a "heres my idea now everyone make my mod" type guy. so expect that awesomeness in a later release.

Major announcement! New Dr. Grant model! Huge thanks to Robert Blight and Jack krauser! Have a look! And expect that video soon!

gtasa2010092510461554.jpg

gtasa2010092510460059.jpg

Ok, so heres the vid i promised. Lots of new stuff. Took a few weeks to replace all the ped sound banks. Also featured are a few more things. Watch and enjoy. First version release is a matter of days away.

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

Very nice I cant wait to see the First release

Edited by TheCoolest2

Nice arms Mr Parasaurolophus :P

Leaving all antogonism behind us, nice job, it looks good.

As for the choppers, you've done what I did for the Ingen Chopper :P

They look sucky ingame don't they without doors xD

Good luck with the modelling, the choppers are kinda annoying, doing an interior won't be simple :/

(as I know for when I convert them too :P )

I think your map is a little flat, perhaps a few more hills are in order, since it's already made of a load of pieces it's not too hard, that's how I did the cave in Jurassic Carnage.

I think the dinosaurs need to be in a little more widespread groups, they're a little close together, but other than that, looks good :]

Btw nice eggs :D

Make a bunch of raptors or something come out of the bushes if you go near the eggs :']

Also I think at some stage it would be cool to make the carnivore dinosaurs randomly attack the herbivores. Setting the different carni's to different gangs would be good, that way you could literally have a pecking order. T rex eats everything, raptors go for smaller creatures and so on.

Thanks guys. Yeah, i'm gonna put raptors near the eggs. And it's a little flat yes. I wanted it to remind me of a JPOG island. Maybe i'll edit it. it's kinda boxy in spots cuz my comp doen't like to model landscapes. :P

I think the choppers look fine without doors really. The ranger as maverick is fun as hell anyway.

Yeah, would be cool to have to models coded to attack each other and such. Perhaps evilraptor will have that in his first release. I'm more about just getting the mod out there right now. Although i plan to use new animations in the future of course. Call it operation andreas 0.2a :P

And the eggs were an old idea of mine. I like how they turned out. :)

New Jeep again. What do you think of this one ronnyboy? Better?

gtasa2010101701165414.jpg

gtasa2010101701172650.jpg

gtasa2010101702155969.jpg

Deffaintly looks smashing, Sorry I couldn't convert the chopper for you Trance :( dam GTA tools

Woah. It`s gonna take ages to find the way around and to know where you`re going in-game :) The last time i saw Jurassic park i must have been around 5-ish. I`m not really a jurrassic park fan but this mod is awesome.

Ok, so bad news on the JP mod front. I tried extracting all the necessary files from my install to place in a new install to release the mod, but i am having a problem. The game loads up fine and runs fine, but as soon as i go near the dino's it crashes. I suspect it may be an audio file, but i have just about copied my entire original install over to the new and it's still happening. Doesn't on the original though. I'm really stumped. Limit adjusted says the last file loaded was gta_sa.set, I've never even heard of that file. It's really frustrating. Any help would be great, and yeah i've tried most things.

EDIT: haha! of course as soon as i post a query i fix it. it was an audio file. :P

So....RELEASE!

Havn't finished the missions yet but i promised everyone it would be released by now so you can at least do the free roam.

Edited by Trancelikestate

It'll take you awhile to download anyway. Plus it's awaiting authorization of course.

depending on the mod but they can took one day max

Looking at your latest vidoe ive got some thoughts that may help.

The map needs more ferns and or plant life as well as rocks and maybe a lovely stream or 3. Also smooth out any 90 degree corners (where the boat gets stuck in the end of the vid).

The south dock needs to be bigger to support a boat large enough to bring in regular supply's. There also needs a warehouse to store the goods and a harbour masters office with a radio.

Maybe the odd rangers station around the island. These would be good to escape rampaging dinos and to rearm and get health pickups and maybe a working radio. They also could have a spare vehicle outside in case yours is damaged.

The dinos need to be spread apart more so there not spawning in such tight groups.

Now waiting for your 1st release (whenever Moddb get their arses in gear) :D

Well Dave, I admit it could use more MED work, but i didn't want to take a month on it. Also, Ican't simply make it less boxy. My computer doesn't like to model landscapes, so in order to do that, i'd need to make a whole new island.

I'll take that into consideration about the dock.

There are ranger stations :P. With weapons, and vehicles. ;)

Moddb has let me down so here you guys go!!!!!

mirroru.jpg

And how to install!

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

AT 0:20 I SAY TO UNCHECK ALL THE BOXES THAT START WITH LA OR SF, THIS MEANS BOTH LA AND SF!

The mod's size is huge , man , did you upload all the audio folder ? O_o

No but i had to upload a couple. Otherwise the install would've been the longest in history. Replacing all the path node related pedestrian sound banks.