:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
TranceLikeState

Official Jurassic Park Mod Thread

Well, i went solo with it, and it has it's own page now. Updated in the first post. Were nearing a release! Heres the latest vid of the new radar and now you can get an idea of how huge this island really is. check it out!

mapdp.jpg

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

Please keep in mind this island is loosely based on the one from the first movie. :)

Since no one will/can help and there is little to no interest shown in this mod now i may just close it. I can't come up with a simple ped spawn code = no dinosaurs. I'm so over the whole no one answers thing i'm ready to give up on modding all together.

Edited by Trancelikestate

Dude, you just barely posted the question today. Give it time, and if another 2 days come around and you still have no answer, then you can go ahead and give up.

And if all else fails, there's also scm coding you could try.

Edited by Joe Statler

Yeah, well not so much here but i first asked on gtaforums 2 weeks ago. Eh. I'm just really aggravated with the whole "it's s simple question, so don't answer him" thing. i worked too hard on it to just close it, but dude i am at my wits end. :P

If I could trance I would deffaintly help you, but seeing as I have exams for GCSE now I won't have time to like study on code or modeling lol. but at least you managed to find some good use with the maps i found you of the island

True. and i appreciate it. I'll figure it out eventually, i just want to get this thing released and i was in a terrible mood earlier. :P sorry guys.

ITS YOUR FAULT AND YOU MADE ME watch the first jurassic park film and i love it.

Keep up the good work Trance :D

Haha, i almost always put n the movie from which i'm modding while i mod. :P Dave, i don't know if you noticed but it has a new page on moddb now.

haha, ow trance if you would like I could try making a basic texture for the heli for your Jurassic Park mod, although It might take me a while to get the painting spot on, as im only a amature painter heheh.

well, i'd really like a new model as well. but if you think you can do it, go for it. although the SA default maverick uses carcols. the only texture it has is an interior texture i think.

ow, don't worry i'm gunan learn how to do it as I've got a very good tut and some good screens to model from in gmax. Ow shoot after 30 minutes im still having some trouble with Gmax already

Edited by Brandonlai

You should just get 3ds max. if you can't afford it, pm me for tips on getting it. ;)

Always. Zaz is helping me with the dinosaur free roam cleo spawn code. Once thats done, it's on to dyom missions, and loadscreens and all that. then it's done! I'll prob release a manual install version, and Mike is nice enough to make an auto installer for me as well.

As it hasn't been released yet, it matters not.

Besides, they are readily available and promoted for use with your JPOG game, the user can download them and install them readily on their on mod. i never said they would be included. Stop trying to ruin a good thing. :P

If you would like, i will request permission and include them.

The only thing that annoys me about requesting permissions is I ALWAYS give permission when asked, and everytime i ask i almost NEVER get a response. Thats worse than a no.

Edited by Trancelikestate

I decided last night to learn how to rig, granted this is my first model ever rigged I don't think it's too bad; towards the end I cheated by making a lot of the body attached to the pelvis, so when raptors do a kung fu kick they're kinda stretched, but running around is scary if you rig the belly to the tip of the tail, they look at me and they run and they're scary!

raptors.jpg

I'll get some more pics where the rigging looks better...

EDIT:

pics...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j242/Evi...r/JPSA/look.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j242/Evi...backkicklol.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j242/Evi...gryfightrun.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j242/Evi...or/JPSA/run.jpg

I know the arms are messed up, it's because the bones are too wide apart relative to the arms...

Edited by Evilraptor

techincally rigging the head neck torso and tail to the pelvis isnt really cheating. :P it works well.

On a side note, expect a vid soon featuring the stuff i've been working on recently. Dino's all over the island using scm paths, and replaced the human voice wav's with dino sounds. :punk: