Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TWG

THE BTTF DeLorean Sound Effect

It's a sound heard in a lot of different movies/TV shows. From http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yZp5hNjoIQ, the DeLorean in Back to the Future, hell even in the Powerpuff Girls.

It's a sound used to illustrate speed, or to give something a needed growl or roar.

Does anyone know WHAT this sound is in the real world? I think that Del88 said something about a jetliner roar, but I could be wrong with that one.

Archer, do you have any idea?

do you think that it may possible to use that sound as the last gear sound of the Delorean in 0.2f ?

Edited by Mini-Me
Removed the quote, please remember the quoting rules

I already tried to show that to Archer a loong time ago X-D

What kind of jet is it Archer? Like I would have no idea what to Google for that. =/

Edited by TWG

I already tried using the engine sounds in the game. Everyone rejected it. Went back to Wes' sounds.

It's a regular jet but modified using a synthesizer board and a Porsche.

aww man, i love the sound the delorean makes when it accelerates!

it sounds like it has a turbo charger in it, that, and combined with the Porsche engine they put in it for the movie, and it sounds awesome, i wish my car sounded like it!

Evidence that those sounds were in during 0.2e's development. Skip to 1:40 in.

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

That powerful grr noise I prefer better then high pitched whine. The only bad about those game sounds was that it sounded like the first experiment over and over again.

You still have that video.

I'd rather ask how he remembers in which exact video this rather tiny sound change appears :D.

I'd rather ask how he remembers in which exact video this rather tiny sound change appears :D.
An elephant never forgets.

So the DeLorean had a jet sound for the engine? LOL cool. I wonder how many modifications Doc made in the engine to sound like a jet.

Ca-Fe 80s. You will never find, a more wretched hive of sc-sc-sc-sc-um and villainy. We must be cautious.

He stole the engine from the landspeeder ;)

But that didn't make it any better did it? Still the same DeLorean engine problems? :P

I'm thinking of making my own engine sounds for the DeLorean using a bit different jet sound.

Yeah, good luck with that. Making the sound isn't the problem. Dealing with the s**tty car sound system, speeding up/slowing down the sound is. That's why I got mad at the mod team. Really didn't know I worked on getting that sound close as normal for over 6 hours.

You did go a little hulk on us :lol: Do you still have those sounds? Maybe we can offer them up as an optional download for those who want them?

Yeah, good luck with that. Making the sound isn't the problem. Dealing with the s**tty car sound system, speeding up/slowing down the sound is.

I know. When it comes to anything related to sounds, music or coding, I'm cool with it.

Sign in to follow this