Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mad Dog Tannen

More Hoverboards?

In 0.2E its hard to find the hoverboard with out cheating and there is only 1 type. But in BTTF 2 there are diffrent styles like in this pic

So can we have more hoverboards in 0.2F?

:)

A quick shot of the faggio.dff shows that there is 6 hoverboard models, Marty's hoverboard and then the 5 others added as extras. I'm not sure if you separately see all 6 hoverboards in-game though, someone who has checked would need to confirm it.

Hoverboards.jpg

why is there a solid green anyways? there's also a solid pink in game but not in that pic

I see them at once too when you turn left or right usually, I think I didnt see the green one or i saw it once

I just finished testing the hoverboard in-game and all 6 do show somewhat separately.

Marty's pink hoverboard is always there as it is the base model, the other 5 appear separately as extras and cover up Marty's so it looks like there is just 1 - a way to have 6 hoverboards while only using 1 vehicle slot. You can still see it when you are stationary though, since the player tilts the vehicle to the side and the overlap becomes visible:

HoverboardOverlap.jpg

So maybe there used to be a glitch but they all definitely work now:

Hoverboard1.jpgHoverboard2.jpgHoverboard3.jpgHoverboard4.jpgHoverboard5.jpgHoverboard6.jpg

why is there a solid green anyways?

It is just another hoverboard model, like Marty's pink hoverboard but without the pattern on it. It was only bright green in that quick render because I didn't add the texture for it. In the game it appears in 5 different colours: blue, green, purple, red and yellow (shown in the fourth picture).

Well then instead of spawning one go and find one they are parked up in between these 2 buildings somewhere there is a vid on youtube, i can usually get Griff's hoverboard from there.

Yeah, I think when you spawn a vehicle it is always the same in terms of extras no matter how many times you spawn it. When I was testing the hoverboard I always got Griff's Pit Bull when I spawned it.

Like Deloreanbttf said, you will need to find one parked somewhere in the year 2010 or above, since they spawn with different extras so you'll find the different hoverboards. I think Deloreanbttf was talking about the one that spawns beside the Hotel Harrison in Washington Beach, so you can get one from there:

HoverboardSpawn1.jpg

The Skateboard works in the same way as the Hoverboard: There are 3 different models, with Marty's Skateboard being the base model and the 1955 Skateboards added as extras. All 3 do appear separately but Marty's Skateboard is always there and it can be seen when the vehicle is stationary since it tilts, just like the Hoverboard. Maybe there used to be a glitch where all 3 show at the same time, I don't know, but they all work now:

Skateboards.jpg

Press the replay button repeatedly while near a hoverboard, the texture should change.

I just tried that, pretty cool. It makes vehicles change to a different extra. If you find a Hoverboard or Skateboard and it isn't the one you want you can just press the replay button until it changes to suit you :lol:

... or you can do the lightning run without the hook :D.

Reply Button? I notice after I use the bttf lightning with hook and do the clocktower run, I get off the HV road and drive back to the road that next to the army base, I always see a player model on Marty's Hoverboard, IN 1985 lol

... or you can do the lightning run without the hook :D.

:lol: I'm going to try that.

Reply Button?

Sorry, that was a typo, I meant the replay button (F1).

Sign in to follow this