:
Last Time Departed
BTTFJim

Playing BTTF:HV Wirelessly with a Nintendo DS

Here is something that i think you guys will enjoy. :D

Comments are welcomed.

Edited by BTTFJim

Thats awesome!

Thank you. :) I had alot of fun making the program, and integrating it to the mod.

This is awesome! A very creative use of the DS.

Thank you. ;)

Actually, mapping the direction functions were kinda difficult, since they are used for both the forward and reverse, as well as the basic directions. Originally my program did not support it. SO it took me awhile to write in a code for it. Something i meant to mention in the video, but i felt it wasn't needed.

It'd be cool to try out, but I'd see that being a real pain in the ass. Very cool though dude, mega respect!

My respect for you gained about 9,000,000 points.

Do it on a PSP! O:

Lmao!

Ill try and keep you guys updated on the program.

What a shame I'm still on holiday and don't have fast enough internet to watch videos. This idea sounds really interesting.

Oh it its. ;)

Edited by Mini-Me
Removed the quote, please remember the quoting rules

IF anyone is willing to donate thier PSP. I will definatley make a program for it. =)

if you did it would be funny to have the screen have a copy of the game

That would be an awesome thing to create, but i think to do that, the PSP would have to use the USB port, it would be to much to stream all of it through Wi-fi. Or i could try to port the whole game to the PSP. Alot of possibilities.

That would be an awesome thing to create, but i think to do that, the PSP would have to use the USB port, it would be to much to stream all of it through Wi-fi. Or i could try to port the whole game to the PSP. Alot of possibilities.

OK,

1. controls can be mapped from psp to a vnc port then back over using joy light eg a hacked psp this would have to be done in IR Shell

2. the game can not be ported due to huge models,and code that can't be compiled.

And now I took my time to watch it :). And yeah, that's pretty cool. Though I would've swapped the B- and Y-buttons and the L- and R-bumpers, as I'm just used to using the bumpers for looking in directions when driving (from various PS/XBox games). But still, good work!

Thank you Mini-Me. ;)

And as for the PSP, i figured as much that it would be too much to port it. Even if you had the client

on the PC itself them streamed the video and controls to the PSP, it would be too much.

My respect for you gained about 9,000,000 points.

Do it on a PSP! O:

You guys obviously have never been in the PSP homebrew community. :P

For wireless connection, there's a homebrew called "WiFiController". It's a little tricky to use, but it's sick. The homebrew I'm currently using is FuSa Gamepad, which requires a USB connection but is more stable and simpler to use than WiFiController (simply run it like an installed game in your memory stick then connect it to your PC; if you have USB charging turned on you can charge your PSP's battery and use it as a gamepad at the same time). I found the PSP as a gamepad is handy for games like Burnout Paradise.

There's even a homebrew called TightVNC that allows you to control your computer through your PSP using WiFi connection. With custom PSP firmware, almost everything for the PSP is possible.