Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
the matster

DMC12 time machine replica

A lot of money to pay someone for a car which would have many inaccurate parts on it. videobob doesn't have a very good reputation amongst the bttf community. Depends if you think 'close enough' makes it ok, others however prefer to nail every detail perfectly.

VideoBob tends to make his convertions "look cool" despite of them being inaccurate.

Want accurate and cool?, http://www.offto55.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=106

Some of the minor things inaccurate are the '83 door pull-straps (the car itself is an '83) and the exhausts (he left them to make it street-legal) but I'm O.K. with those :D

i have to say i think videobobs looks more accurate than that,carlos. if i did get one and it wasnt what i wanted it to be,i would shove it right back up his ass.

Damn. They must have put a lot of effort in that vehicle.

My country's so unfamiliar with Back to the Future that I'd get any toy replica of the DeLorean that I can find, regardless of how inaccurate it is, just to have one lol. (and so far, no find)

Same as Angelo. Although, we have one registered DeLorean here.

there`s a video of the official designer of the bttfI delorean that looked at videobobs version and how accurate it was and it was actually pretty good.The only major object that was innacurate was he said the keypad where you type your destination time was bigger than the version used in the movie.But i`m not concerned about that sort of accuracy.I mean the sort of accuracy that has somthing like the flux capacitor missing :P I just don`t want to get conned.(did i spell con(ned) correctly?)

there`s a video of the official designer of the bttfI delorean that looked at videobobs version and how accurate it was and it was actually pretty good.

If you mean this video:

Mr. Pike there is actually talking about what most people that have seen BTTF know, but nothing too deep.

The only major object that was innacurate was he said the keypad where you type your destination time was bigger than the version used in the movie.But i`m not concerned about that sort of accuracy.I mean the sort of accuracy that has somthing like the flux capacitor missing :P I just don`t want to get conned.(did i spell con(ned) correctly?)

That, and he didn't take out the rear window, no hardware in front of Mr. Fusion, mesh clips too big, lower part of the vents looks like a mock-up, silver heatsinks behind the seats instead of golden, still no wires on the dashboard, side tubes (too thin) going from the vents are being put in place by metal rings screwed to them and dangle all the way to the back plate, time circuits on top of the center console instead of covering it, etcetera... And, oh yeah, it's an automatic... Probably requested by the buyer, but not accurate at all...

So, basically, yeah, if you get that car claiming it's screen-accurate, you'd be getting conned.

J. Ryan's DMC is more accurate than VideoBob's.

Also, you might just be trolling anyway.

Yeah That`s the video i was talkin about.And i said i dont care about screen accuracy.I would buy that,if it weren`t for the window & automatic gears.And yeah i think those gears were requested by the buyer.

I agree with Marty, I remember back last year or so when that guy tried to sell it for 45k, I mean wow, it's probably cheaper to D.I.Y.

Gary Weaver is the best person to get a conversion car from . www.bttfparts.com

Yet another misconception...

bttf parts does look more accurate.I can see that just by watching the first 30 seconds of one of his videos.

Edited by the matster

Although Gary has made A LOT of research for the BTTF DMC community, Fight Club added more details that were considered lost.

Let's say: Fight Club > Gary Weaver II just like Einstein > Newton (as in "improved" and not "beats").

i just took a look at fight clubs time machine, absolutely awesome!!!

but theres only one thing i dont like, its the BTTF 2 time machine, well, the mr fusion to be precise, if he had the BTTF 1 time machine, it would be perfect!!!!!

i would definatly beg my dad to buy it on ebay if he was selling it!

but for now, all i have is a diecast model of the bttf3 RR delorean, on rails...

oh well, ill just keep looking!

The only reason I like Videobob is that you can buy the parts, or have it converted, and then add the extra. Sure Gary offers tuts, but they aren't that in depth. However, i would kill for Sean Bishop's.

Sean Bishop? me too

Yet another misconception...

mythbusterssr.jpg

Video Bob's Replicas are pretty good if you are looking to buy one on a budget and not DIY... Which is what I am doing so I think that as long as the buyer of the car is happy, it shouldn't matter, right?

I'd probably buy the delorean body, and put a better engine in it, my dads ford mondeo is faster than that and its a turbo diesel. hmm what about a Austin martin engine. that the ford brings me to my hate of evans halshaw my dad took the car in to get the master flywheel thingy changed, and all they did was start the engine and say thats what was wrong and then went around the car looking for faults. my dads not using them again.

Sign in to follow this