Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TheCoolest2

Lightning at CT

I was thinking when you time travel with the lightning you see lightning on the wire

There's all ready "lightning" i think its a corona, a bunch of them, is it? Anyways

This is there already

Invalid Video Link: "http://img291.imageshack.us/i/20100720103810484x360.mp4/"

I think this can be added, if it doesn't take a lot of code

First maybe sparks at the top of the ct, I think that was discussed before and it wasn't possible, maybe just the blue corona on the "pole" above the clock with the explosion there

Then the lightning going down the wire seen at the middle of this vid

Invalid Video Link: "http://img143.imageshack.us/i/20100720104223640x424.mp4/"

? Is it possible?

The number of coronas used is already at its limit. You can't add any more coronas without lagging or glitching.

It's the same reason why you can only see 3 sparks generating from the dispersal coils at the same time. Each time one spark dissapears, another one can appear without problems.

Oh I see oh well, thanks for the info

In theory, can't you make a texture file that has a neon glow to it, like the Strip Club sign and have it appear over the Clocktower?

Thats a good idea!!

Make the lightning a model and move it above the clocktower?

We can't use particles because we'll now be going over the limit, and we can't use a model because that would look very unrealistic (unless you put lighting effects on it). I think the only decent thing we can use for the lightning is the screen flashing. I say that's good enough.

Unless, now with VC CLEO around, we can do something better.

well you could in theory do a similar thing to blues sa mod, the attach object opcode, but vcs non attach version. and have it animated, since the clocktower is stationary that wouldn't be a problem.

He shows VC as his symbol for the topic but don't know if this is vc and I don't know if its possible to make it on the wire, unless this is what you guys are using for the wire

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=444990

Use Trig to figure out at what angle the object has to be rotated at to make it look like a 2d particle, and there might be some addresses that contain the coordinates of the camera's location so it won't be relative to the car and make the cinematic camera not be weird. Of course, only works around the z axis. Would look weird if flying high above it.

Sign in to follow this