Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

BTTF on Blu-Ray - October 26 2010

Well, it did say they were releaseing a dvd aswell, but i dont think it will be in a combo, basicly the dvds and blu-ray discs will have what the 2008 release of the dvds had, plus a little bit more, like Eric Stoltz footage, finaly!

I think they should not have released those 2008 editions, they should have just released these 25th anaversary editions.

A Question: do you think as they went through restoring the 3 movies, the restoration wasnt done as good on the third movie as it was on the first? because the 3rd film is younger?

They already said what's in the set. Everything from DVDs, plus one new documentary. No Stoltz footage. What's there to restore? The film masters are in great shape. They aren't from 1965, where they had to clean up Star Trek TOS. They did the original HD transfer back in 2002, for the DVD release. Then most likely again, for movies 2 and 3, cause of the framing f**k up. At most, they would do color corrections, and I hope no DNRing. They made the 2008 versions, because a lot of fans don't like 2 and 3, and wanted only 1. Plus, people wanted the ride footage. The group set had that ugly box art. I hope the movies in the 25th set has them in separate digi packs.

The only thing I see, Even remotely interesting about this is getting to laugh at Eric...

What's there to restore? The film masters are in great shape... ...They did the original HD transfer back in 2002, for the DVD release.

Well thank god they did it before the original film got destroyed in the Universal backlot fire.

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

The picture looks awesome, even for a YT video, roll on October 26!

If you view it on the full link, and in 1080, it looks awesome, it looks a lot lot cleaner than DVD.

Well of course it would. DVD stretches wide screen which causes video to lose quality even more. And is 4x smaller in res.

I don't have an HDTV, or a blu-ray player. Guess that's something I'll have to get once I get my Social Security Income back pay.

Edited by Joe Statler

Ahh sh*t! Not "selected cinemas"! That means I won't get to see it. Where I live we don't get the movies that are released on selected cinemas. F******CK! :cry:

Edited by Joe Statler

Sign in to follow this